Department of People and Technology, Roskilde University, invites applications for a position as PhD of Development of Green IT from December 1, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter. The position is limited to a period of 3 years.
We are looking for a PhD student who is interested in and qualified to undertake research within Green IT and design, development and adoption of Sustainable Digitalization and Green IT solutions for the consumer market. Specifically, we call for a project that researches everyday behavior and practices of Danish and German households and its relation to consumer needs, specific design requirements and successful adoption of Green IT solutions through e.g. ethnomethodology, design science research, behavioral design, platformization and/or user involvement techniques.
The Doctoral School
You will be enrolled as a PhD student at the Doctoral School of People and Technology and associated with the program in Information Technology.
The Doctoral School for People and Technology frames research that seeks to address sustainability often by applying experimental approaches and situating the individuals active and learning involvement. The research comprises approaches of a human, societal, health and information technological character and often applying planning, interventions and design-oriented subject areas.
The Doctoral School has 5 PhD programmes with each of their focus points: Information Technology; Learning, Working life and Social innovation; Research in Health and Society; Social Psychology of Everyday Life and Society, Space and Technology. You will be associated with the program in Information Technology. Read more here .
The department is involved with development of sustainable solutions. We use experimental approaches and support people’s active commitment. The department is covering human, society, health and IT scientific fields as well as planning, intervention and design inclined fields.
Responsibilities and tasks
The PhD position is an educational position and the main tasks are in accordance with chapter 3, Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities and Certain Higher Artistic Educational Institutions
You must hold a master’s degree or equivalent within computer science or informatics. We expect you to have a solid technical background in IT security.
You are required to be enterprising and to possess good communication skills and to be a visible, involved participant in the department’s daily activities, in addition to being willing to engage in disciplinary and interdisciplinary collaboration across the department.
- Relevant Master’s degree or equivalent (according to Danish Qualifications Framework for Higher Education: .
- The academic quality of you project description.
In the assessment regarding enrollment consideration will also be given to the following criteria
- Educational skills and any further professional qualifications
- Grades at Master’s programme or equivalent
- Quality and relevance of the project description
- Quality and relevance of the methodical and theoretical choices
- Consistency and coherence between the problem and the choice of method and theory
- If the PhD project seem realistic and feasible
- Ability to complete the PhD project
- Relevance of the project to the profile of the Doctoral School
Only applications in English are accepted.
Applications must include
1. Cover letter
3. Documentation of education including grades from Master’s programme or equivalent
4. Your description of the PhD project (maximum of 5 pages)
5. Your time schedule of the PhD project
6. If applicable: Documentation for any research experience, work experience or publications.