Match Your Skills
The Risk Regulatory Affairs team ensures the Risk organization maintains strong and productive regulatory relationships with US Prudential Regulators, particularly the FRB, OCC and FDIC. The team proactively manages regulator matters to ensure the organization is well positioned and responsive in regulatory interactions. The team partners closely with subject matter experts within risk segments to:
- Oversee and coordinate regulatory examinations and reviews to ensure the risk organization proactively addresses regulatory requests and concerns;
- Manage regulatory interactions, including recurring liaison meetings and ad hoc information requests, to strengthen regulatory relations from an Independent Risk Management perspective;
- Support the development of appropriate and diligent responses and remediation plans when regulatory issues and concerns are identified; and
- Work closely with partners in other Control Functions and Businesses, to ensure consistent, insightful and clear communications to regulators.
The Risk Regulatory Affairs team is part of the broader Risk Governance function, responsible for the design and implementation of firm-wide frameworks and practices that are integral and fundamental to Risk Management within Citi. This includes the firm's risk identification, risk appetite, and risk governance frameworks; the new and modified product approval framework; risk policy; risk governance committees; risk controls and issue management; risk learning and development; and risk budget management.
Position Objective:The objective of this role is to support the execution of regulatory interactions across Risk Management, to ensure the organization is responsive, agile and well-prepared for unique and demanding regulatory requests. The position requires significant project management and stakeholder engagement to ensure that regulatory interactions are thoughtful, comprehensive and culminate in consistent messaging. In addition, there is opportunity to provide senior management with themes that emerge from the feedback received through these points of regulatory contact.
Areas of focus for this role include Market Risk Management, Treasury Risk Management and QRS.
- Support the Risk Regulatory Affairs Leads in the coordination of complex regulatory interactions, including in-depth regulatory exams and ad hoc requests. Coordination activities include project management of exams, oversight and review of risk materials prior to regulatory submission, managing stakeholder participation and presentations, overseeing follow up regulatory requests, and ensuring logistical needs are covered.
- Synthesize regulatory feedback and key findings in key management reports provided to senior management, the CRO, and key stakeholders.
- Attend regulatory meetings as representative of the Risk organization on regulatory matters. Record meeting summaries and follow-up actions for distribution to relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in high priority regulatory ad hoc projects across their lifecycle by identifying and structuring problems, analyzing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and obtaining buy-in for change.
- Effectively partner with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across Risk types and Businesses to promote a more integrated approach to regulatory relations.
- Obtain a unique firm-wide view of Risk Management at Citigroup.
- Expand understanding of regulatory engagement and coordination practices
- Gain perspective and deeper understanding of the material risks across the firm (credit, market, liquidity, operational, strategic).
- Interact with risk teams in all major businesses (ICG, CCB, Consumer, CPB) and control functions, further developing a network across the firm.
- Participate with meetings and discussions with senior management.
- Learn how senior management monitors and evaluates risks in the firm and will learn about the different measurements and procedures that are used to do so.
- Exposure to strategic thinking capabilities and the high profile initiatives/mandates considered by the CRO Office, some of the most critical strategic projects in Risk and the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years relevant experience
- Awareness of general concepts/ principles of risk management (credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, strategic risk and/or capital markets and finance)
- Superior writing skills, able to effectively present in text or slide format
- Excellent problem solving abilities and organizational / time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to "roll up sleeves"
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to network and interact with a broad range of risk teams and senior management
- Intellectually curious and willing to invest time in researching areas outside current knowledge base/ skill set
- Experienced in project management with excellent organizational, follow-up and time management skills
- High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.