Reporting to the Supervisor, Landing Gear Assembly, as the Machine Shop Technician (Fit & Ream), you will perform various duties in support of production requirements. Please note that this is a steady weekend night shift position (6pm to 6am).
- Perform various honing applications, installation of bushings, lathe work, reaming etc;
- Work from drawings and general instructions
- Document actions in support of quality logs and communicates all discrepancies to supervision
- Work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets & drawings
- Work in a safe team oriented environment and participate as an active member of the implementation & execution of 'LEAN' principles
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent plus recognized and accredited college /trade program
- At least 3 years of Fit & Ream experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints, utilize micrometers, verniers, reaming tools, etc, in support of quality requirements is required
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train machinist and operate other machines in the cell
- Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment
- Successful candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR and CCGP
UTC Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.