Job Description - Principal Researcher – Mobility Modeling & Management (TEM0019F)
Principal Researcher – Mobility Modeling & Management-TEM0019F
Who we areCollaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who we’re looking forToyota’s InfoTech Labs Division is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Principal Researcher for Mobility Modeling & Management.
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the research project on Intelligent Mobility.And also conduct research as your own research topic on innovative Traffic Management for connected vehicles, which fully utilize the data from connected vehicles and provide value and services to connected vehicles and mobile society.
Reporting to the Director of Intelligent Mobility Systems, the person in this role will support the Intelligent Mobility Systems department's objective to develop and demonstrate the key technologies for future mobility services/platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the research project on Intelligent Mobility Modeling and Management for connected vehicle
- Create a research plan for Intelligent Mobility Modeling and Management which fully utilize the data from connected vehicles and provide value and services to connected vehicles and mobile society
- Design the Intelligent Mobility Management system architecture which integrates important technical components including machine learning, hierarchical intelligent traffic management, V2X communication, etc.
- Define the use cases for the future mobile society to demonstrate the advantage of the research outcome
- Design and develop proof-of-concept prototype system of Intelligent Mobility Modeling & Management to demonstrate the advantage of research outcomes, and evaluate the performance and feasibility of PoC prototype systems
- Produce patents and academic papers to publish the research outcomes
- Make research proposals for the future research themes by proactively investigating research trend and understanding needs through the communication with various departments within the division and company and SMEs and other fields’ experts outside the company
What you bring PhD in Civil Engineering, Computer Science or a similar field
Industrial (or research institute) experience as a researcher
Traffic Management research experienceResearch experience in data processing, machine learning, or related field
Experience with traffic simulator such as Aimsun or VISSIM
Excellent coding skill in C++ and Python with programing experience
This position requires driving. A motor vehicle record that’s acceptable by company standards is required for this position
Added bonus if you have:
Broad knowledge on the internet, cloud/edge computing, and distributed computing
Experience with the development of proof-of-concept prototypes for research projects
Excellent communication and presentation skills to explain complex research problems to non-technical audience
Open mindset to explore novel ideas through inter-disciplinary discussions
Analytical ability and problem-solving skills
What we’ll bringDuring your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flexible work options based on business needs
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com!
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Primary LocationUS-CA-SFN-Mountain View
OrganizationTEMA - Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America
TravelYes, 20 % of the Time
Job PostingSep 19, 2019, 10:37:31 PM