Shanghai, China - Full-time - REF11792U
Company DescriptionAbout Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit:
Job Summary:The Technical Level Designer is a part of the Design team, working closely with Designers and other teams, to help secure the level design environment, pipeline, tools and guideline. To be a level designer who is also capable on the technical side, or precisely, who can get things done.
- Capable of taking a level and develop it from concept through to final
- Propose, prototype, develop, test design ideas and communicate with teams
- Understand and think for the player
- Learn and use the level design tools, editors to develop content
- Learn and respect the technical constraints of the engine, the tools
- Secure level design productivity
- Carry out related technical tasks like test, prototype, suggest tools or design examples, establish guideline and pipeline, organize training and validation, debug level design content and be ready to give support
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the video game sector or other relevant experiences;
- Experience on 2-3 games productions;
- Experience working with proprietary game engine toolsets.
- Strong passion for video games
- Strong motivation for creating new things
- Very good communication skills in Chinese and English (speak and write)
- Good at self-training and enjoy learning new stuff
- Do things efficiently and get to the point
- Knowledge of common tools and engines is a big plus
- Experience of game developing/modding is a big plus
- Creative hobbies is also a nice plus to have
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!