QA Engineer - Data ServicesASOS Technology is going through an exciting period of transition and major investment. – this includesa number ofstrategic programmes to deliver the amazing technology and business solutions to support our ambitious global growth plans. At the heart of these plans is the rebuilding of our digital platforms and channels to provide the best shopping experience for our customers. Our plan is designed to enable us to really put our mobile experience first, enable personalisation and support a data driven organisation. We are also making significant investments in all our Buying, Merchandising, Finance and People systems with the latest toolsets and applications to accelerate the next phase of our global growth. We are also improving our ways of working within Technology to enable autonomous platform development and improve our engineering and agile practices.
Here at ASOS, we want to give everyone the confidence to be their best self, because, when you’re at your best, you can achieve amazing things. Our Technology department pioneer incredible solutions, changing the way our millions of customers can access fashion. We believe that fashion can make you look, feel and be the best version of you, and it’s this same feeling of empowerment that we want ourASOSersto experience while working with us.
OurASOSersreflect the diverse society they live in; we celebrate our differences and welcome people from all different walks of life. We’re currently looking to welcome a permanent Business Analyst to join our Customer Care Tech platform. If this role and the above description both sound like a great fit, come and join us!
At ASOS we are building ASOS’ next generation reporting and data integration capability to improve the decision-making process across the entire organisation. We intend to utilise data to support superior execution of our business processes, driving innovation to increase our customer intimacy,and to continue to disrupt the fashion industry.
In partnership with Microsoft, we are building a data lake (to collect, store,and explore our data) and a new modern data warehouse (a cloud-based Enterprise Data Warehouse) that leverages Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) to run complex queries acrosspetabytes of data.Our Data Scientists are helping to drive growth and profitability, by enabling algorithmic optimisation of our customer experience, retail,and supply-chain processes.
Our Advanced Analytics team in Data Services work on petabytes of data, leveraging advanced data engineering, analytics,and reporting tools/techniques to deliver an accessible store of enterprise data.
Our BI and Reporting teams deliver best-in-class reporting and data visualisations that provide critical insights to enable our business to make data-driven decisions.
What will you be doing?Your role will be to work within an agile team as a Quality Engineer to ensure that the products delivered are of the highest quality(delighting our customers all the time,every time).To achieve this, you will use a variety of quality engineering practices and test tools throughout the SDLC and help the team to achieve their best. You will also have chances to work with other agile teams to improve quality across the company.
- Work in anAgileteam, participate inscrumceremonies,and actively undertakesprint tasks
- Work closely with product owners andbusiness analystsindefining the acceptance criteria, allocating story points, supporting user acceptance testing, andensuring on-time closure of defects
- Pair with developers todeliver high quality software
- Define test approach/strategy forour enterprise reporting, BI,and analytics requirements
- Use atest-first approachto create automated unit, integration, acceptance,and performance tests
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE REQUIRED?
The ideal candidate would be able to:
- Understandtest practicesin thedata domain, particularly aroundautomation
- Definetest strategiesfor teams
- UnderstandCI/CD conceptsand implementcontinuous testingpractices
- Strong background intesting ETL, SSIS and/ordatabase solutions
- Good understanding ofgeneralrelational database theory and data warehousing
- UnderstandSQL queries, functions, and stored procedures
- Write good teststo verify attributes, metrics, filters, prompts, reports, cached datasets, documents, anddashboards
- Demonstrate agood understanding of Microsoft Azureor any othersimilar cloud platform
- Learn new technologies quicklyand troubleshoot issues independently
- Suggest new ideasandinitiatives forcontinuous improvement
- Activelylisten,respect fellow team members’views,accept own mistakes,andproactively take stepsto avoid repeating them
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming
Why work here:
- A truly unique and agile working environment where you’ll be surrounded by a diverse range of passionate experts, with two common interests: technology & innovation
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- Tech Develops days– one day per month dedicated to developing yourself and developing others within Tech
- Tech Presents days- breakfast mornings to collaborate and share your work with other teams
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India, company-wide celebrations across Christmas and Summer to name just a few
- Huge staff discounts and sample sales
- Plusmuch more…