Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Serves as a senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)’s Assurance team responsible for assessing compliance risks and controls implemented by the first and second line of defense. Also responsible for performing risk assessments of Citi's compliance risks; performing independent assurance activities (testing and on-going monitoring) to assess the design and effectiveness of key controls designed to address compliance risk; reporting and escalating control issues and any violations of laws or breaches of policy; and validating adequacy of remediation taken to address reported issues.
- Overseeing the development, implementation, and execution of the compliance testing, continuous assurance, and reporting programs within an assigned region in accordance with the Compliance Assurance (CA) Plan.
- Managing the planning, execution, and reporting of compliance assurance reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity within an assigned region in accordance with CA Plan
- Managing a team or multiple teams of Compliance professionals. Responsible for hiring, compensation, performance appraisals, staff development, training, etc.
- Developing and executing a CA Pan to monitor for compliance with rules, laws, and regulations.
- Executing interactive programs of support and assurance, in accordance with CA requirements, that provide regulators and stakeholders’ insight into compliance trends, themes, issues, and root causes.
- Managing and monitoring budgets for assigned CA projects.
- Serving as a lead reviewer for complex reviews, analysing report findings, and communicating findings to corresponding control/process owners.
- Develop CA Risk Assessments and CA Monthly and Quarterly Reporting Summaries.
- Participating in the development and enhancement of the CA Methodologies and Standards for auditing, testing, monitoring, and reporting.
- Analysing and providing credible challenges to team’s assessment of the control environment (of relevant assessment units), including Manager’s Control Assessments (MCA), Internal Audit Assessments (and related control metrics such as Issues Being Actioned by Management (IBAM), on-time remediation, Reopens, and MCA effectiveness), Regulatory Issues (and its metrics), Compliance Assurance Results, and Legal Matters.
- Developing effective relationships within CA function and with other stakeholders including business and technology process owners, and Internal Audit function.
- Building and managing relationships with senior functional management executives, as well as working closely with the regional Compliance Assurance Heads, regional Heads of Internal Audit, and functional auditors to ensure delivery of a plan of work that provides assurance over the key risks for the Global Corporate Functions.
- Promoting knowledge sharing and promulgation of best practices across ICRM and the business.
- Identifying industry best practices and share insight with the CA teams on a regular basis.
- Informing CA senior management of significant compliance matters that require their attention or action.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Demonstrate extensive abilities as a team leader, which includes creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team, respecting the work-life quality of team members, providing candid and meaningful feedback in a timely manner, and keeping leadership informed of progress
- Extensive global compliance and audit related experience, and strong knowledge of business processes and IT technologies utilized in the Financial Services Industry
- Experience in planning, executing, and reporting on compliance testing reviews and regulatory issue validation activities
- Knowledge and extensive experience with auditing principles including audit planning, risk assessments, development of risks and controls matrices, processes and controls design assessments, controls operating effectiveness testing, transactional access segregation of duties, transactional testing, surveillance systems, and reporting activities
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables
- Demonstrated career progression within highly respected diversified institutions with complex and diverse products and customers
- Understanding of rules, laws, and regulations, and specific regulatory requirements impacting financial services and [insert product, function, legal entity or regional nature of role as required]
- Strong interpersonal skills for building strong relationships with stakeholders and engaging teams
- Effectiveness in working within a large scale and complex matrix organization is essential
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in interacting with non-executives and executive management and across a number of business lines and control functions
- Willingness to travel
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; previous experience managing a diverse staff; Advanced degree a plus
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.