Date Posted: 2019-08-16-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
This Repair Development Engineer (RDE) position is with the Global Services Engineering (GSE) Military Repair Group and based in East Hartford, CT. The RDE is responsible for the development of repairs for military aero engines, and includes development of the repair concept, writing of the repair, obtaining approvals, and coordination with the end user.
Your responsibilities include:
- Participate in a multi-discipline team to establish repair design requirements and ensure repairs are safe, durable, and meet the quality requirements of the OEM parts.
- Research operating environments and functionality of components, their interactions with mating parts, and develop strategies which will return damaged parts back to service.
- You craft technical documents that provide engineering requirements for repairs.
- You collaborate with the technical and program management to secure priorities and understand programmatic issues.
- You support the Customer in the resolution of field supportability issues.
- You ensure repair tasks are completed to schedule and on budget
- BS in Engineering with 2+ years of mechanical design or manufacturing engineering experience OR MS in Engineering with 1+ year of experience in mechanical design or manufacturing engineering
- US citizenship due to government program requirements
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering
- Experience working in aerospace or defense industry
- Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) Experience
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as: machining, plating, plasma spray, welding or brazing highly preferred
- You are able to manage numerous projects and have good communication and organization skills
- Team player
- Craft Clear Communication
- Analytical Skills
- Participate in Process Improvement efforts
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.