Date Posted: 2019-08-19-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: OT325: NSP - BLOOMFIELD, CT 212 WEST NEWBERRY RD, BLOOMFIELD, CT, 06002 USA
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Supply Management Group at the Otis Service Center (OSC) has an immediate need for a purchasing analyst whose responsibilities will include purchasing material for our service, modernization and commercial business organizations. The position will provide support for all activity for products being shipped into, or from OSC to all locations. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Prepare purchase orders (PO) for a large group of Elevator / Escalator spare parts sourced from national and international suppliers; ensure supplier compliance to Otis Terms and Conditions
- Ensure supplier PO and price confirmation
- Expedite and de-expedite deliveries as required to ensure on time deliveries, proper inventory level, and support services rates/performance metrics
- Work with OSC's Customer Service, MOD, and UNITEC groups to resolve supply issues in a timely fashion. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Maintain high service level (fill rate) by evaluating customer demand and expediting material to meet customer needs without disrupting the flow of parts to our internal and external customers.
- Manage suppliers to perform to quality, delivery, cost, and inventory metrics.
- Reduce and manage backorders, including reviewing and updating backorder reports.
- Manage supplier deliveries and lead time to support key focus areas: customer requirements and inventory goals
- Actively support the management of the Price and Lead Time Desk for inactive parts
- Compile price proposals, financial reports, and analysis to support price reasonableness, purchase quantity, and strategy
- Participate in ACE (Lean) activities to improve internal processes for quality and productivity; strong analytical skills required
Other responsibilities include:
- Resolve discrepancies on purchase orders
- Resolve material rejections
- Manage price increases
- Identify cost savings opportunities
- Resolve invoicing issues
Candidates should possess a BS or BA degree in business or related Master’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 2 years related experience in a supply chain function, experience in Excel, Access or other data manipulation programs a plus.
Ability to read Engineering drawings
Ability to work with various functional groups; including Production Planning, Engineering, Program Management, and Quality Assurance to ensure business goals are met
Must be able to work in and fully support a Team environment
We are seeking a self-motivated, team-oriented person with good interpersonal skills including strong written and oral communications abilities. He/she must be well versed in related business processes, associated systems and the use of problem solving methods and analytical tools. Our internal and external customers are very important and this position requires an excellent Customer Service attitude. A strong understanding of ACE and the principles and application of lean manufacturing are a strong plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.