Düsseldorf, Germany - Full-time - REF12606W
Company DescriptionUbisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Far Cry", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
Job DescriptionUbisoft is looking for an experienced and dedicated Scrum Master (f/m/d) to join our growing Game Security team. The focus will be on overseeing our software development team and working under the scrum methodology. We are seeking a candidate who has leadership skills, critical thinking and a problem-solving attitude, and has proven a track-record of working with dedicated, efficient and autonomous development teams.
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example;
- Guide and coach the Scrum team and organize the use of Agile/Scrum practices and values; supports and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog.
- Develop a DevOps mindset within the development team
- Act as facilitator for the Product Owner and Development team in guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Facilitate agile rituals efficiently and strictly.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization, and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization;
- Facilitate/Oversee scrum ceremonies, internal and external communication, decision making, and conflict resolution.
Essential Scrum Master Skills:
- Coaching – be able to guide the Scrum team, Product owner and the organization in living the Agile values & principles.
- Servant Leadership – empower the team; support them to deliver.
- Role modeling - personify Agility.
- Assertiveness – Be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to; be a voice of reason.
- Situation awareness – Be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management.
- Worked with a team used to a CI/CD pipeline and Scaled Agile Framework (DevOps mindset)
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development.
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Master agile software development technics – practice and teach others.
- Good understanding of Agile Backlog management techniques.
- Nice to have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of game/security technology fundamentals (e.g. client/server architecture, network security protocols, game server deployment, etc…) and software deployment fundamentals (e.g. code review, build pipeline, test automation, etc…).
- University degree (preferably in technology).
- Seasoned Agile Practioner having run multiple Agile projects / programs. Certified Scrum master or PMI-ACP® preferred but not essential.
- Analytical and synthesizing skills.
- Ability to make decisions quickly in a constantly changing environment and demonstrate capacity for innovation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to draft documents that are clear and well-structured.
- Have a keen sense of observation.
- Capacity to proceed with diligence and a high level of responsibility.
- Ready to travel for work occasionally.
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike
- Subsidized lunch meals, possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
We are offering highly motivating challenges for true team players with a high level of self-initiative. If you are passionate about about games and wish to join an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career Portal.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.