Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Overview of Citi:Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Job Description:Regulatory demands and the focus on Markets Surveillance have intensified globally. As a result, the global Trade Surveillance Technology team at Citi has an increased book of work that requires additional business lines, countries, and more sophisticated surveillance methods to be delivered using our strategic platforms. These platforms allow users to monitor trading activity across multiple asset classes and information barriers, on real time, end of day, and historic lookup bases for indications of potential Market Abuse, Insider Dealing, and other types of fraud. As we further expand global coverage and deliver more sophisticated Behavioral Analytics based solutions, we are seeking a Data Scientist to join the team in Belfast.
The successful candidate will be an adept data scientist or statistician, with a background working in development of statistical/machine learning models
You will be part of a team responsible for producing behavioral models using both existing methodologies and state-of-the-art techniques to assist our Global Compliance stakeholders in meeting growing regulatory surveillance requirements.
Tasks will include reviewing business and functional requirements; producing high quality prototypes to demonstrate the viability of the solution; working with developers, data analysts, business analysts and architects to guide the implementation and validation of the solutions at scale in a big data production environment; reviewing the results with business leads and explaining the approach to teams less familiar with machine learning principals and techniques.
This role will provide an excellent opportunity to become a key player in the design, prototype, and implementation of new industry leading surveillance techniques based on advanced data analytics, behavioral analytics, and machine learning.
- Previous experience working as a data scientist or statistician delivering insight in data to a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrable knowledge of data science techniques, from data processing to performance evaluation
- Experience working with Python, R, SAS, Matlab or similar
- Knowledge of machine learning methodologies and an understanding of applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to express ideas to people from various business and technology backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to quickly and accurately identify and analyze relevant information relating to projects
- Meticulous planning and an organized approach to work
- Positive and optimistic outlook
- Natural ability to use data to tell a story
In addition, the following will be a distinct advantage:
- Experience working with Big Data technologies; Hive, Hadoop, spark
- Understanding of Capital Markets, for example trading, the trade lifecycle, exchanges, market participants, etc. across multiple asset classes
- Knowledge of advanced machine learning techniques, such as, convolutional neural networks, recurrent neural networks (LSTM), hidden markov models, generative models
- Experience deploying machine learning models to a production environment
- Experience working with transactional data for fraud detection
- Experience testing systems that are based on Data Mining, Big Data, Behavioral Analytics, and Machine Learning techniques
What we OfferAs well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity:Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.