Would you like a position that puts you right in the engine of one of the best trading teams in Europe? And would you like to develop your teamwork capabilities as well as your ability to analyse and act fast on your ideas? As our new Trader Trainee in the Intraday department, you will quickly become an integrated part of the team and contribute to our continued success in the European energy markets.
Your job and team – in it to win it!
In the Intraday team, we trade power 24/7 all year long, and we trade in the shortest time frame possible – down to five minutes before actual delivery of the physical electricity. This means that we regularly need to make quick decisions in a hectic market, making it extremely important that we work very closely together in the team, as we are extra dependent on each other. It can sound like a cliché to say that two days are never the same, but in an ever-changing intraday market driven by volatile supply and demand in Europe, you will most likely never experience a monotonous day, and you will never know what to expect from the market when you clock in.
You will join a team of colleagues who thrive at a fast pace, are dedicated to contributing to the team, and who are always chasing new opportunities to beat the market.
Your journey as a trader
We will take good care of you when you start your job as a Trader Trainee. The first three months will consist of an introduction to the team and how the short-term power market works. It won’t be long before, you get your hand on the mouse, as we believe this is the best and most effective way to learn within this field. In the first period, you will be assisted by an experienced trader and after some months, you will be participating in the 24/7 shift scheme along with the other traders. In time, you will also be given responsibility for your own specific trading area, where you will receive dedicated time to propose our next trading strategy in the area. Down the line, you will also have the opportunity to become a mentor for new traders and teach them the ins and outs of the trading field.
Our new Trader Trainee can have a broad range of backgrounds ranging from a degree within e.g. Finance or Economy to playing high- paced computer games! What really characterises a good trader is an innate competitive spirit, a winning mentality as well as the ability to think quickly and keep a cool head under pressure.
THE BEST WORD TO DESCRIBE THE INTRADAY TEAM IS ‘WINNING’ – WE REALLY WANT TO WIN, AND WE WORK HARD TO REACH THAT GOAL TOGETHER
ANDERS BJERRE THERKILDSEN, TRADER
- a company with ‘best in class’ employee survey results on ‘cooperation’
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunity for individual development
- numerous social and professional events incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- optimise DC’s portfolio, including wind, solar and consumption
- trade power across Europe; trading of Intraday’s portfolio in active grids
- conduct, evaluate and act on market analyses
- develop trading strategies and tools
- participate in the team’s 24/7 trading shift scheme
We expect that you:
- have a relevant education within Finance, Economics, Mathematics or similar
- are fluent in English – both written and oral
- are interested in trading and bring passion
- have a flair for numbers
- preferably, have gaming experience
We expect that you:
- thrive in a hectic environment with fast decision-making – the team trades on a very short-term notice, which means that you have to be able to keep a cool head
- are able to analyse, act fast and reflect. In the job, you will conduct many smaller analyses that must be acted on, but most importantly, you should be able to reflect on the decisions taken – only then, we will become better tomorrow than we were today
- are an openminded team player that brings spirit to the team
JOBSTART & TYPE
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Apply via the "Apply Now" button.