Starting with a single train journey from Leicester to Loughborough in 1841, we’ve grown into a travel company that’s constantly thinking about new and innovative ways to take you places: not just on holiday, but in your career too.
Whether you dream of working abroad or want to help create the next marketing campaign, there’s a range of roles across our retail stores, head office, Thomas Cook Airlines and far beyond. From Product Managers to pilots, there’s one thing we all have in common: keeping the customer at our heart.
With a team of over 22,000 colleagues, operating across 15 countries, the opportunities are endless, whether you’ve worked in travel before or are looking to start a new adventure today.
Job purpose: Responsible for planning, creating and maintaining forecast models in line with the UK Contact Centre & Outsource Partner strategy for workforce management, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from various business areas. As a Forecasting & Capacity Planning Analyst, you’ll work with key stakeholders e.g. Marketing, Retail to secure the necessary information to help predict propensity and champion best practice to ensure that our customer demand is planned for effectively to ensure a smooth customer journey
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Develop and maintain forecasting models to predict the demand of our customer across contact type and customer need state
- Review historical trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Contribute to budgetary modelling and reflect accuracy of original budget to current operational delivery
- Maintain a view of actual to forecast across volume and financial metrics for Peterborough & Outsourced Contact Centres
- Refine systems and champion processes and ways of working to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
- Coordinate with Work Force Management (WFM) and other Real Time Analysts to ensure up-to-the-minute statistical data is available and communicated
- Produce narrative that supports the data produced in the headcount planning process, making recommendations for increasing accuracy and maximising use of FTE
- Build long term and sustainable relationships with stakeholders by continually analysing results for continuous development and improvement
- Seek to identify and manage risk on an on-going basis, ensuring that both our customer and organisations needs are balanced
- Provide accurate and understandable analytical representations to enable consistency of understanding
- Provide ad-hoc business scenario based modelling to support business cases
Skills, know-how and experience:Must have:
- Excellent analytical skills for identifying and interpreting trends and variations from plans
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Highly numerate
- Proven strengths in the competency of information seeking
- Demonstrable ability to analyse complex situations and data and take remedial action
- Detailed approach to data accuracy and developing effective and simple-to-follow procedures
- Good understanding of the principles of resourcing, contact drivers and key metrics
- Strong results orientation, able to anticipate obstacles and dealing with setbacks
- Knowledge of an IEX workforce management system preferred
- Previous experience in Contact Centre Planning (at least 2 years)
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.