QA Engineer (Automation) – Data Lake PlatformAt ASOS, we understand how fundamental ‘data’ is to the future of commerce and our business. We are passionate about creating new, amazing experiences and products for our awesome customers, through data insights and analysis.
For us to generate the best insights into our customers and business, we need to make sure our data is discoverable, accessible, compliant and secure.
This is where the ASOS Data Lake comes in. The Data Lake is our primary source for all data collection, analysis and reporting. It underpins our whole business strategy and is key in us learning, improving and developing our customer propositions and business operations.
We are building our Data Lake on the most advanced technologies available today and are working directly with industry specialists and vendors to push the boundaries of what the available products and services can do.
As our Senior QA Engineer, your mission will be to work in an agile team, ensuring the features and quality of our Data Lake delivery. This is a large scale and high throughput engineering challenge, so automation will be key.
If you are passionate about the opportunity the Data Lake represents and want to be part of something truly significant, then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing:The role is about utilising your QA knowledge and experience to employ technical testing approaches within an agile development team. Drawing from a strong foundation in software engineering, your focus will be on building robust and flexible automated tests and following the engineering standards and best practices. It’s about being an active member within a cross-functional team and enabling the rapid delivery of awesome software to our customers.
You will be:
- Participating in scrum ceremonies and actively undertaking sprint tasks
- Utilising a BDD /ATDD approach to execute test plans and develop suitable test cases
- Following the testing processes and practices within an agile software development team
- Using a test-first approach to create automated unit, integration, acceptance and performance tests
- Partaking in training workshops and pairing sessions to improve yours and the team’s capabilities
- Collaborating with Software Engineers to continuously improve the testability and robustness of the codebase
- Test automation – You love to test software and are able to employ appropriate test tools and frameworks to maximise the effectiveness of your testing
- Technical outlook – You have a firm grasp of technical concepts and are able to learn about new technologies quickly
- Engineering in your blood – You enjoy problem-solving and have an ability to formulate solutions to engineering challenges
- Inquisitive mind – You are always asking: Why? What if this happens? How does it work?
- Continuous improvement – You enjoy working with others and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback to help raise standards and drive continuous improvements
- Amazing team player – You work as well in a team as you do on your own, and understand the importance of a good team dynamic
On the top, it would be a bonus to have:
- Experience of testing non-functional requirements such as security, usability and performance
- Knowledge of Micro-services or Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience with testing Cloud-based solutions
- Familiarity with SQL or NoSQL databases and writing and executing queries
Technology at ASOS:Here at ASOS, we want to give everyone the confidence to be their best self, because, when you’re at your best, you can achieve amazing things.
Our Technology team pioneer incredible solutions that change the way our millions of customers can access fashion. We believe that fashion can make you look, feel and be the best version of you and it’s this feeling of empowerment that we want our ASOSers to experience while working with us.
Our ASOSers reflect the diverse society they live in; we celebrate our differences and welcome people from all different walks of life. We’re looking for people who can live and breathe our values of being authentic, brave and creative and we don’t care about labels- we recognise there are endless ways to be ‘you’.
Sound like a place you’d love to be? Come and join us!
What's in it for you?
- A truly unique and agile working environment where you’ll be surrounded by a diverse range of passionate experts, with two common interests: technology & innovation
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- Tech Develops days– one day per month dedicated to developing yourself and developing others within Tech
- Tech Presents days- breakfast mornings to collaborate and share your work with other teams
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India, company-wide celebrations across Christmas and Summer to name just a few
- Huge staff discounts and sample sales
- Plus much more…