Merchandiser – WomenswearASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
The ASOS Merchandising team ensure that we have the right products, at the right time, in the right place and in the right quantities. They work closely with the buying teams to plan and build the ranges taking control of stock levels to maximise profit. Without merchandisers, there would be no stock to sell!
What you’ll be doing...
- Deliver the planned sales and profitability of your department by managing and optimising the department through effective planning and in season trading
- Regular analysis of department performance to maximise commercial opportunities
- Work alongside the Buyer to ensure a commercial range is offered to the customer whilst ensuring both ASOS’ and the department's strategy are adhered to
- Through strategic planning and trading of the department manage the intake and OTB to deliver the stock requirements of the business
- Develop and building strong relationships with suppliers
- Own and control the net achieved margin
- Manage and develop a team including Assistant Merchandisers and Merchandising Administrators.
We’d love to meet someone with…
- Proven track record of driving a department through creative thinking at a Merchandiser level
- Previous experience working in the fashion industry dealing with multiple products
- Ability to manage a team
- Awareness of current trends and what is happening in retail.
- Able to demonstrate a commercial aptitude
- Working with brands would be an advantage but not necessary
- Strong organisation skills, able to use initiative and to work in pressurised environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues, suppliers and others at all levels.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literate able to use both word and excel applications to an intermediate/advanced level.
What’s in it for you:
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…