ASOS Technology is going through an exciting period of transition and major investment. – this includes a number of strategic programmes to deliver the amazing technology and business solutions to support our ambitious global growth plans. At the heart of these plans is the rebuilding of our digital platforms and channels to provide the best shopping experience for our customers. Our plan is designed to enable us to really put our mobile experience first, enable personalisation and support a data driven organisation. We are also making significant investments in all our Buying, Merchandising, Finance and People systems with the latest toolsets and applications to accelerate the next phase of our global growth. We are also improving our ways of working within Technology to enable autonomous platform development and improve our engineering and agile practices.
Here at ASOS we want to give everyone the confidence to be their best self, because when you’re at your best you can achieve amazing things.
Our Technology team pioneer incredible solutions that change the way our millions of customers access fashion. We believe that fashion can make you look, feel and be the best version of you and it’s this feeling of empowerment that we want our ASOSers toexperience while working with us.
Our ASOSers reflect the diverse society they live in; we celebrate our differences and welcome people from all different walks of life. We’re looking for people who can live and breathe our values of being authentic, brave and creative and we don’t care about labels- we recognise there are endless ways to be ‘you’.
Sound like a place you’d love to be? Come and join us!
We’re looking for :ASOS is looking for a passionate Android Engineer to join the Android Engineering team.
In this role you will be working to create exceptional native experiences for our customers. You will need to be an amazing technical contributor who thrives in busy environment. You will join a talented team of engineers who collaborate closely to deliver Android, iOS and APIs for our Android apps (and like to have fun while they do it!)
Here are some early considerations:
- App featured at the Google I/O 2019 Developer Keynote
- Kotlin first approach
- The code base uses Arch Components (ViewModel, LiveData, Room etc) and not to forget RxJava & Coroutines
- Featured by Google on several initiatives and in their case studies too.
- Potential of making an impact on millions of customers
- never ending chance of experimenting with latest tech
- Over 10M+ downloads
You'd fit the role if:
- Are an experienced Android developer / android engineer. 3+ years experience
- Are comfortable with Kotlin
- Know RxJava / reactive programming
- Can find solutions to complex problems
- You can contribute to discussions on technical architecture and design
- You believe that all code is legacy code if it isn't unit tested
- Know agile / scrum and can work as part of a smaller cross-functional & feature focused team
- Can take ownership of big pieces of work, from the planning phase right through to execution and delivery
- Have a passion for quality and strong attention to detail
- Want to learn new technologies
- Have experience with or like mentoring junior engineers
We'd be super impressed if:
- You contribute to the Android community, through things like projects on GitHub, blog posts or giving talks
Working at ASOS isn’t just about your technical skills though. We value people who are kind and work well on a team.
What's in it for you?A truly unique and agile working environment where you’ll be surrounded by a diverse range of passionate experts, with two common interests: technology & innovation
Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
Tech Develops days– one day per month dedicated to developing yourself and developing others within Tech
Tech Presents days- breakfast mornings to collaborate and share your work with other teams
A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India, company-wide celebrations across Christmas and Summer to name just a few
Huge staff discounts and sample sales
Plus much more…