Web Engineer | LondonThe Web teams at ASOS have been transforming the technology and architecture over the last few years which now allows flexibility to really innovate. The decoupling of the clients from the services has allowed us to recently deliver a brand new web experience to our customers. It was a massive challenge and has been a great success, but we’ve still got loads more to do and we’re looking for enthusiastic, creative Web Engineers to come and join us on our journey, to help us build the best possible experience for our customers.
We only want to do quality work!The web teams at ASOS endeavour to be the best engineering craftspeople they can be. We would like you to have the passion to learn and have knowledge in the following areas:
- Good engineering fundamentals (SOLID/KISS/DRY/YAGNI). The ability to be involved in designing and implementing complex systems. Understand and communicate the pros and cons of particular solutions
- Automated testing (e.g. Nightwatch, Jasmine, webdriver.io) and a Test Driven Development approach to support our goal of achieving a true CI/CD environment
- Node or C#/.NET as a server-side technology
- Know what it takes to get software live in a controlled, stress-free manner
- Pair programming and other XP practices
You’ll Love Our CustomersThe software you release will be used by millions of customers from around the world. We want you to care about all of them by:
- Delivering a fantastic experience to our customers, across all of our supported browsers and devices
- Supporting our customers with accessibility requirements
- Working to improve our customer experience either through your own ideas, the User Experience teams or from any ASOSer
- Using monitoring and analytics to understand how our customers use the site and any problems they experience
Technology at ASOSHere at ASOS, we want to give everyone the confidence to be their best self, because, when you’re at your best, you can achieve amazing things.
Our Technology team pioneer incredible solutions that change the way our millions of customers can access fashion. We believe that fashion can make you look, feel and be the best version of you and it’s this feeling of empowerment that we want our ASOSers toexperience while working with us.
Our ASOSers reflect the diverse society they live in; we celebrate our differences and welcome people from all different walks of life. We’re looking for people who can live and breathe our values of being authentic, brave and creative and we don’t care about labels- we recognise there are endless ways to be ‘you’.
Sound like a place you’d love to be? Come and join us!
What's in it for you?
- A truly unique and agile working environment where you’ll be surrounded by a diverse range of passionate experts, with two common interests: technology & innovation
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- Tech Develops days– one day per month dedicated to developing yourself and developing others within Tech
- Tech Presents days- breakfast mornings to collaborate and share your work with other teams
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India, company-wide celebrations across Christmas and Summer to name just a few
- Huge staff discounts and sample sales
- Plus much more…