Make up Artist | ASOS Careers | LondonAre you passionate about make up and fashion? Are you consistently aware of current trends and would be able to relate and adapt these to the ASOS customer? If so you could be the next Make up Artist to join the growing team.
Make up Artists play an important role with in the ASOS Studios team. As a Make up Artist you will be part of a team of fashion focused individuals, from a variety of backgrounds, who work together to fulfil and deliver the creative vision of the style directors. It will be your job to ensure that the ASOS models are looking their best at all times and deliver the highest standard of make up in line with the creative.
What you’ll be doing…
- Producing a high standard of makeup that is brand appropriate, references the seasons catwalk trends and street style and appeals to the ASOS 20-something customer
- Being responsible producing make-up for 2-4 models in the 1 hour allocated time slot for allocated studio
- Sticking to benchmark shoots
- Understanding and translating creative changes quickly and with minimal disruption to the shoot process
- Working with the Hair and Make-up seniors and Shoot Stylists to produce and develop make up with in the studios
- Keeping abreast of the latest and upcoming make up trends including celebrity style
- Producing inspirational moodboards to reference make up ideas in line with trends, brands and season. Communicate these to hair and make up team, freelancers and Shoot Co-ordinators
- Attending creative Hair and Make-up meetings and other wider business meetings/strategy days
- Understanding and implementing daily tasks and complete daily management duties in absence of the Hair and Make-up manager
- Being responsible for updating and maintaining the hair and make-up referencing system
- Sourcing new and appropriate products that could be incorporated into the asos kits
- Contributing to problem solving through meetings and one to ones
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment and products including stock control
- Any Ad Hoc duties to support the development and progression of the ASOS Studios Team
We'd love to meet someone with:
- Previous experience as a Make Up Artist from a fashion background
- Studio make up experience desirable
- Previous e-commerce retail experience would be to an advantage
- An ability to translate a brief to a high standard and within a tight deadline
- Great trend research skills and to be able to develop these ideas for the ASOS customer
- A strong asos brand and customer awareness to be able to adapt make up accordingly
ASOS Studios Team...ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do. ASOS Studios is a team of creative professionals; working together to ensure the entire production process is run seamlessly. It’s incredibly diverse, built up of several departments ranging from Studio, Shoot Operations, Retouching, Copy Writing and Production itself. It’s a very busy, very exciting area to be a part of, requiring constant communication between the team, and all the other areas of the business.
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…