QA ENGINEER – (Back-end Technology) CUSTOMER PROFILE | LONDON
Want to be a part of the team responsible for the personal data of our 15.4 million active customers here at ASOS?
We’re obsessed with delivering great customer experiences and it’s essential that we do the right thing with our customers’ data. As a QA in the Customer Profile Platform you’ll be working extensively with multiple components of our micro services architecture in our Customer Experience domain. You’ll be making sure we capture the right information from our customers, at the right times, store it safely and securely and that we deliver the right back-end solutions to allow other teams to utilise it in the best way possible.
If you are an experienced QA with a passion for scalable technology, big data and appreciate how important the back-end engine is to the incredible experience we offer our customers, then we would really like to hear from you. We have ambitious plans to extend the capabilities of our back-end services and need fantastic Senior QA engineers to help us!
The Tech Stack...
- C#, .NET Framework and .NET Core
- Visual studio
- Azure Cloud micro services and Cosmos DB
- GIT, TeamCity & Octopus
- Test libraries including N-Unit, Selenium
ABOUT YOUYou’ll love our customers
- You’ll be obsessed with delivering a fantastic experience to our customers.
- You’ll collect feedback from customers to understand where we can improve.
- You’ll have experience monitoring applications post-release to identify areas for improvement.
- You’ll be skilled in investigating customer issues and performing root cause analysis.
- You’ll have an appreciation for the non-functional and either have some experience with Load, Performance, Resiliency or Security testing or a desire to learn.
- You’ll be comfortable working with client-side, server-side, messaging and database technologies
- You’ll have experience with an object-oriented programming language to define and build automated tests at multiple levels and be comfortable with source control, CI/CD tools and Cloud technologies.
- You write simple, well designed tests, following good engineering practises. You treat tests as production code!
- You drive QA Best Practises across the team and work with the team to maintain high standards of testing.
You test collaboratively
- You’ll have experience working with Developers and using testing to drive the software development process, defining and sharing strategies if applicable
- You’ll have experience working directly with key stakeholders such as Business Analysts and Product Owners.
- You’ll have experience of working with dependent services (either internal or third-party) and understanding the impact they can have on your test approach.
- You’ll be an experienced software tester who wants to coach and develop others and share your knowledge.
- You’ll have exposure to DevOps practices such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery or Continuous Deployments.
HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ABOUT OUR TEAM
- We love our customers, our test strategy is built on foundations that are entirely customer focused.
- We love testing!
- We embrace agile principles and test continuously throughout the software development lifecycle.
- We use exploratory testing to uncover things we didn’t or couldn’t plan for and are always looking for new ways to improve how we deliver real value to the team.
- We test collaboratively. We love pair-programming and pair-testing and everyone in the team gets involved.
- We invest heavily in automating our tests and other repeatable activities. We treat our automation code as carefully as our production software and the responsibility for writing automated tests is shared across the team.
- We understand the importance of the ‘why’ and ‘how’ behind the software we build, so non-functional testing makes up a big chunk of our testing activities.
- We release often
- We follow DevOps practices and are always looking to improve our CI/CD pipelines to make releases as fast, predictable and safe as possible.
- We use a combination of local builds, test environments and production to test our software. We also make use of A/B testing, blue-green deployments and canary-releases to learn about our software with minimal customer impact.
- We use Azure to host our services in the Cloud across multiple global locations, providing both resiliency and elastic scalability.
- We are adopting container technology and are in the process of migrating our software to Docker and Kubernetes.
- We take pride in crafting elegant, maintainable and testable code and embrace SOLID principles and TDD.
- We use TeamCity, Octopus Deploy and Azure DevOps to automate our build, deployment and testing processes.
Technology at ASOS:Here at ASOS, we want to give everyone the confidence to be their best self, because, when you’re at your best, you can achieve amazing things.
Our Technology team pioneer incredible solutions that change the way our millions of customers can access fashion. We believe that fashion can make you look, feel and be the best version of you and it’s this feeling of empowerment that we want our ASOSers to experience while working with us.
Our ASOSers reflect the diverse society they live in; we celebrate our differences and welcome people from all different walks of life. We’re looking for people who can live and breathe our values of being authentic, brave and creative and we don’t care about labels- we recognise there are endless ways to be ‘you’.
Sound like a place you’d love to be? Come and join us!
What's in it for you?
- A truly unique and agile working environment where you’ll be surrounded by a diverse range of passionate experts, with two common interests: technology & innovation
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- Tech Develops days– one day per month dedicated to developing yourself and developing others within Tech
- Tech Presents days- breakfast mornings to collaborate and share your work with other teams
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India, company-wide celebrations across Christmas and Summer to name just a few
- Huge staff discounts and sample sales
- Plus much more…