Graduate International Trade (Plant to Hub) - Vehicle Logistics Group
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Brussel (Evere)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
For TME Graduate positions we are targeting recent University Graduates (less than 18 months of experience excluding internships)
We offer :
- Permanent contract
- Daily position (as described down below) + 18-months training program (on top of the daily job)
- On the job training
- Classroom training (Toyota Way, Toyota Production System…)
- Experiential training (5-6 weeks Line training at an European Manufacturing Company…)
- Evolution towards the “Specialist” grade after graduation
- A dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits / flexible working hours).
- Degree in Logistics or Business or International Trade.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Handle job with care and precision, in-line with deadlines.
- Good coordination, organisational and communication skills.
- Passion for ‘Customer First’ and Kaizen.
- Fluent in English (any other European language is an asset)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
- customer mindset
Your team and your responsibilities
Division Description:Vehicle Logistics Group (VLG) is responsible for the distribution of:
Globally produced vehicles to our European markets/retailers.
Locally produced vehicles to our global markets.
These vehicles arrive from the different manufacturing plants to our strategically located hubs (logistic centres) where they are stored, customized, inspected and transported to the next delivery point (port, intermediate hub or retailer).
All operations are completed by Logistics Providers (LP), with a team of Toyota members ensuring consistency of direction and the achievement of customer requirements.
Your responsibilities:To support the above, in our team (1 Manager & 4 Members) you will be
1. Processing the Buying of all Vehicles from the EMCs (European Manufacturing Plants) & Overseas Manufacturing Plants and the Selling to the NMSCs (National Sales & Marketing Companies).
2. Assuring the successful Export of European produced vehicles to more than 50 Global Markets ranging from Australasia to the Americas.
3. Intrastat Reporting (A system for collecting statistics on the trade in goods between European Union member states).
In order to achieve the above, you will need to do the following on a daily basis:
- Assure the creation of the necessary sales & transport documentation handling to all markets.
- Follow-up and monitor vehicle production status.
- Manage special activities, such as: urgent deliveries, delayed production, and special requests from customers.
This will require you to be in close contact with VLG’s Logistics Hubs, Shipping Lines, Manufacturing Plants & Sales Companies.
From a kaizen (Continuous Improvement) perspective, you will be expected to lead, with management support, the simplification of your processes by automation.
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.