Intern Sensory Quality - Interior Body Design
Posted Date 4 hours ago(05/08/2019 15:16)
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Brussel (Zaventem)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
- You have good feeling with interior quality and materials.
- You have a degree in Engineering or Industrial design.
- CATIA V5 knowledge preferred.
- Highly motivated & challenge spirit.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are available to travel for business.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
- customer mindset
Your team and your responsibilitiesToyota Motor Europe R&D Centre is responsible for:
- Developing vehicles and making concept proposal for EU core models.
- Reflecting EU technology to Toyota Vehicles timely by utilizing location advantage and strong network with EU partners.
Body Engineering 1 is a major division responsible for Planning & Design of Body parts for European Vehicles from concept phase to serial production.
Interior Sensory Quality Group is responsible for improving Product Power and Sensory Quality of Interior parts.
To investigate mechanical sounds of key operational interior component(s) [eg: Glove box, center console armrest, airvents], defining sensory quality sound targets & proposing feasible engineering solutions to support achievement of those targets, for next generation models.
- Benchmark of internal & competitor parts and identification of key structures
- Sound measurement of identified components, both subjectively and objectively.
- Analysis of evaluation results, identifying links between subjective and objective results.
- Criteria setting for next generation components’ sound performance.
- Investigation of the structural features / factors influencing the sound performance & identification of best practice.
- Application of the findings into projects which are in development.
Starting date: September 2019
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to confidentiality requirements, not all details on performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium).
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.