Date Posted: 2019-07-03-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HKS31: US041-Lenexa, KS 10800 Pflumm Road , Lenexa, KS, 66215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
This position is for an Entry-level IT professional who identifies and analyzes requirements for business and technical applications. Reviews various systems for improvements and assists in the resolution of application functionality issues.
- Identifies requirements of a business unit or department that can be fulfilled through the use of information technology systems.
- Analyzes current technical processes and makes suggestions for system updates or new systems.
- Collects and tracks system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, and input data acquisition.
- Collaborates with development teams to analyze functionality issues.
- Builds and develops application tables, panels, and reports to maintain the data warehouse.
- May assist with system testing.
- Works to select, implement, develop, maintain and support business systems and digital applications through understanding business processes and their implications and applying process improvement concepts for simplification and productivity to support business goals and objectives.
- Manages external vendors.
- Aligns digital services, service levels, technology, vendor/supplier management, and initiatives with business strategies and needs.
- Represents the business in enterprise/corporate initiatives.
- Acts as a business contact and advocates for delivery of high quality digital services.
- Works with Security/Compliance, Infrastructure, and Project Management Groups to manage and document the digital technology portfolio.
- Responsible for alignment of business systems technology selection, programming, configuring and testing of both new applications and legacy systems, which requires knowledge of systems architecture, development processes for improved design, as well as understanding of systems integration for applications.
- Sample roles include Applications Systems Analysis and Programming for business systems such as ERP/PLM/MES/CRM, Systems Architect, Business Application or Relationship Manager.
- 2-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment working with JDE or SAP
- Experience working with in Citrix
- Data Analytics
- MS Access, Excel
- Master data, purchase orders, work orders, sales orders, inventory
Candidates for this role should possess a Requires theoretical knowledge typically obtained through University Degree.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree or three years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with JDE or SAP
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.