Date Posted: 2019-06-17-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: 01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position is for an established Drafting Services / Product Definition professional. Produces drawings using relevant tools, positions instructions and comments on drawings, transfers drawing dimensions from computer onto hardcopy.
- Produces drawings using computer-assisted drafting systems (CAD) or drafting machines, or by hand using compasses, dividers, protractors, triangles and other drafting devices.
- Designs and drafts components, assemblies and packing, and utilizes data management systems to track and report progress of assignments.
- Positions instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Transfers drawing dimensions from computer onto hardcopy, using peripheral equipment.
- Plans, lays-out, draws, and revises detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, references, and data.
- Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices using computer aided design systems.
- Determines scaling, inserts necessary reference datum, center and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning.
- Prepares complete production detail drawings.
- Develops design drawings according to engineering sketches and proposal specifications.
- Includes classifications normally populated by non-degreed personnel.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and three years of prior relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
Education:Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and three years of prior relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.