Date Posted: 2019-06-17-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HSC32: US070-Simpsonville, SC 1001 Old Stage Road , Simpsonville, SC, 29681 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Role Overview
This position is for an Established Procurement professional. Carries out Procurement processes, standards, and operational plans, including RFPs, negotiation preparations, and cost analysis. Responds to client inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Carries out Procurement processes, standards, and operational plans, including RFPs, negotiation preparations, and cost analysis.
- Responds to client inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Carries out activities associated with purchasing goods, materials, supplies, and services to ensure terms are in the organization’s best interest.
- Prepares purchase orders, approves payments, and negotiates prices to ensure the procurement process goes smoothly, under general guidance.
- Compiles price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to provide input on reasonable prices.
- Prepares request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages to take on new accounts.
- Monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Contacts suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries to ensure resolution of problems such as shortages and missed or late deliveries.
- Responsible for all aspects of the relationship with a specific supplier within a commodity.
- Directs and manages all schedules, and purchase orders for the client account or the product family.
- Ensures product is delivered on time, meets quality standards, and at the right cost.
- May perform delivery assurance responsibilities.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.