Date Posted: 2019-07-15-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics - Information Management Services (IMS) Division advances information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. Within the IMS Commercial Aviation and Networks Solutions Business Unit we connect aviation community stakeholders and airlines with intelligent data service solutions to enable the connected aviation ecosystem. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Commercial Aviation and Network Solutions team today.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Aviation and Network Solutions, the CANS Portfolio Solutions Manager will identify and develop end to end solutions leveraging all CANS product lines. Based on its strong knowledge of the airlines operations and of the aviation industry, this role will work with the Head of each CANS business lines to define end to end solutions addressing new market needs. He/she will also be the primary point of contact to develop synergies with the other IMS and Collins Aerospace business units. To enable the development of such solutions, the CANS Portfolio Solutions Manager will be expected to work closely with the Senior Leaders of all shared services.
- Responsible for developing end to end solutions for the commercial market
- Develop business cases for the new end to end solutions and seek approval by leadership to go to market
- Coordinate with Sales, Marketing, Strategy, Finance and Engineering for defining the strategy on the end to end solutions
- Work synergies between CANS and other IMS and Collins Aerospace business units
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of internal organizations with the view of realizing future business development opportunities
- Maintain a detailed understanding of commercial market needs and evolutions to develop market solutions
- Provide input into CANS AOP, SFP and Product Lines to drive appropriate product strategies and roadmaps.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 12 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required.
- Demonstrates relevant industry knowledge in the field of airlines operations and aviation industry
- Demonstrates relevant technical expertise in aviation solutions with at least 10 years of relevant experience within the aviation industry
- Possesses strong strategic, critical and problem-solving thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced business acumen and excellent customer oriented attitude
- Advanced level of experience in briefing and providing Senior Leadership oversight
- Typically requires BS/BA degree in financial, management and/or technical related discipline.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.