Date Posted: 2019-07-16-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HOR32: Wilsonville, OR 27300 SW Parkway , Wilsonville, OR, 97070-9215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace Wilsonville Facility is currently searching for a Quality Engineer to join our team. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins.
This position is located in Wilsonville, OR. This position will be directly responsible for quality performance or our Service organization. Key responsibilities will include: proactive reduction and prevention of defects, performance data analysis, internal quality risk mitigation, supply chain quality support, root cause and corrective action reviews, on-site QMS audits support, development/enhancement of Quality Engineering standard work, and Customer communications.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
- You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
- You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
- You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position is for an Established Quality Assurance professional. Influences process and planning decisions with knowledge and explanations of Quality Assurance policies, practices, and procedures.
This individual must be able to work within cross-functional teams to meet and improve upon established manufacturing performance goals.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Positive technical and communication skills
- Able to identify and pursue material defect reduction opportunities
- Familiar with AS9100, or similar, Quality Management System (QMS)
- Experience with continuous improvement, PDCA, Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, 5S, etc.
- Ability to lead and mentor preferred root cause and corrective actions
- Able to analyze and present data with clear conclusions and/or next steps
- Able to review and interpret technical specifications
- Familiar with inspection methods, techniques
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Certified Quality Auditor (ISO9001 or AS9100, ASQ CQA)
- Certified Quality Engineer (ASQ CQE)
- Lean Certified
- Six Sigma Certified (ASQ SSGB or ASQ SSBB)
- Experience with Projection Equipment
- Experience working in teams to troubleshoot electronic failures
- Identify and influence quality systemic improvement
- Lead resolution of quality issues, including program support
- Reviewing, coaching, accepting corrective action requests
- Support audit resolution
- Leading and participating in Lean Events relating to quality improvements
- Decisiveness – Must possess ability to make critical decisions and reach important deadlines.
- Dependability - Exerts consistent effort to provide quality results that are focused on achieving compliance.
- Detail Orientation - Consistently produces quality results while evaluating all critical factors.
- Judgment - Able to make quick and well-informed decisions, even under high-pressured situations.
- Relationships - Displays sensitivity and awareness of how actions affect customers and coworkers.
- Resolving Conflict - Deals professionally and firmly with conflict resolution in any situation.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.