Date Posted: 2019-06-20-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HOH12: Wheels & Brakes - Troy 101 Waco Street, Troy, OH, 45373 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for an established Structural Engineering professional. Conducts range of activities associated with analysis to develop design options or recommendations for products and processes. Designs new products and processes, performs structural engineering analysis, and provides technical support.
- Conducts analyses and follows procedures to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components.
- Conducts analyses to develop options or recommendations for organization products.
- Reviews layouts and drawings to ensure clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Designs new products and processes and improves and maintains existing products ensuring scientific principles applied result in a high quality product.
- Applying scientific principles, performs structural engineering analysis including dynamics and loads, stability and stress fatigue and thermal analysis to ensure products meet structural engineering specifications.
- Provides technical expertise to designers, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process to help resolve issues or problems and ensure a smooth process.
- Analyzes, researches and develops structural engineering specifications for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs.
- Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling.
- Designs, develops and tests metallic or non-metallic structures or materials and their related fabrication processes for use in engineering designs.
- Researches and develops new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Designs chemical plant equipment and devises processes for manufacture of chemical products.
- Determines most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, oxidation, hydrogenation, and polymerization.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree or three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.