Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises.
Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with more than 90 offices in 50 countries. For more information, please visit bcg.com
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design.
We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
- Research and develop technology vision and architecture for web, mobile, data, BPM, and related digital capabilities
- Research new technologies and develop prototypes, MVPs, and POCs
- Participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions
- Build digital apps, APIs, and data solutions to drive digital transformation projects
- Solve technology and usability challenges
- Promote Agile principles and methodology
- Work on multiple client prototypes at the same time and facilitate client demos
- Create an Engineering Center of Excellence within BCG Platinion
- Mentor and lead members of the team in the field of software engineering to develop talent, provide direction, and oversee output and projects
- Contribute to the running of BCG Platinion’s consulting business by:
- Assisting with business development through writing proposals, scoping projects
- Contributing to our thought leadership through written publications and speaking at events and conferences
- Participate in midsize to large projects:
- Establishing a sustainable pace for team's work, maintaining pipeline of products and projects, ensuring on-time delivery of product and projects, partnering with Product, Design, and Data teams, and providing weekly status reports to client team
- Travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects
- A bachelors degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working in teams utilizing Agile development methods and tools
- Hands-on RDBMS experience (data modeling, analysis, programming, stored procedures)
- Entry- to mid-level experience within one or more of the following: ES6/ES5, React, React Native, Node, Angular, JQuery
- Solid foundation in one or more of the following:
- data structures, algorithms, and OO Design with rock-solid programming skills
- CSS, motion design and usability experience
- API skills (e.g. Express/Node, GraphQL/Relay, Flask, Jersey, Java Spring REST or WebApi2)
- Proven success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done"
- Practical experience in one or more of the following:
- Data science and visualization (Hadoop, Spark, Databricks, Drill, Tableau)
- Predictive analytics and machine learning (scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Mahout, recommendation systems)
- NoSQL databases and modeling (Cassandra & MongoDB)
- Scaled apps in the cloud: Amazon AWS EC2, Google Computer Engine
- iOS: Objective-C or Swift
- industries such as FinTech, insurance, Pharmaceutical, healthcare, retail, telecom, luxury brands
- What to include on your resume:
- A link to your portfolio that demonstrates your affinity for software engineering and shows how you approach digital challenges
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.