Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises.
Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with more than 90 offices in 50 countries. For more information, please visit bcg.com
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design.
We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
You will collaborate with colleagues from Platinion and/or The Boston Consulting Group on national and international client projects. Together with our clients, you will develop superior IT concepts and architecture solutions as well as support technical implementations actively and on site, applying your sound technical know-how, your understanding of business contexts, and your analytical and conceptual skills.
Typical tasks include the following:
- Functional and technical analysis and evaluation of IT architectures
- Development of functional concepts
- IT product evaluation and selection
- Restructuring of IT organization and core IT processes
- IT project planning
- IT project management and quality assurance
- IT due diligence
- A university degree with above-average academic performance in information technology, business administration, or a related field
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the execution and management of (sub)projects using Waterfall and Agile approaches
- Experience in Digital and Agile Transformations at scale
- Experience in IT organization and process development
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- Distinct client and results orientation
- Team spirit, communication and presentation skills, and mental agility
- A confident and convincing manner
- Flexibility, ability to work under pressure, and willingness to travel
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.