Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises.
Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with more than 90 offices in 50 countries. For more information, please visit bcg.com
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design.
We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
Our Architecture chapter provides consulting services focused on business-critical IT architectures and digital solutions. Our topics cover enterprise and solutions architecture design, cloud strategies, cybersecurity, and implementation management. We partner with our clients to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and implement their key initiatives often to enable their large-scale digital transformations.
We are looking for experienced Technology, Strategy and Architecture Consultants to further grow BCG’s thought leadership, capabilities and enablement. These are exciting opportunities to apply a strategic problem solving lens to your passion for technology, digital and innovation.
Key responsibilities include
- Work cohesively with hybrid case teams consisting of BCG/DigitalBCG on general IT, digital/technology transformation projects
- Assess solution architecture and landscape, define target state and develop roadmaps
- Assist define and drive implementation of technical architectures and proof of concepts
- Align business and technology strategies to deliver impactful insights and outcomes jointly with client management
- Design innovative technology solutions across various projects/clients to solve complex business problems
- Analyse complex and high-risk IT solutions, often coupled with optimization of the full software delivery lifecycle
- Facilitate workshops with clients to identify and formulate business and IT requirements for key vendor/system selections or innovation topics
- Drive innovation for our clients by leveraging cross-industry views on technology trends
- Actively network, manage and influence multiple client and stakeholder relationship groups including senior executives.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- 3-10 years’ experience in an IT strategy, technology consulting firm and/or within a large corporate environment
- Exposure to working within an Architecture area (Enterprise, Solutions or Applications)
- Knowledge and exposure to architecting solutions at an enterprise scale
- Understanding of enterprise architecture principles and exposure to architecting modern data platforms
- Broad generalist Digital/Technology skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication, client facing and consulting skills
- Business acumen coupled with analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate to target audience including storylining
- Strategic mindset, presence and gravitas
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an IT/Computer Science or related discipline
- Enterprise architectural frameworks and methods including TOGAF and/or related certifications
- Flexibility to travel interstate or international as required.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.