Bucharest - Calea Floreasca
The team is highly innovative, using new and exciting tools and methodologies to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Developers liaise with business analyst to elicit use cases and specifications, and turn these into working features in an environment that stresses best of breed solutions and innovation.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Research, design, develop, and test blockchain technologies
- Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continually evolve
- Maintain and extend current client- and server-side applications responsible for integration and business logic
- Be involved in the global blockchain community- work on implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals
Business competencies:Education and experience:
Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of development experience building Java based systems preferably in a financial environment.
- Should have excellent knowledge of Java as well as working knowledge of Angular. Should have good experience working on server system systems developed using Spring Boot and Angular.
- Should have good design skills for distributed systems and architecture – preferably with Microservices.
- Experience with Go preferred.
- Experience with databases, in particular with Postgres
- Experience with a distributed version control system (github/gitlab preferred).
- Experience with Linux, Docker, AWS, DevOps.
- Knowledge of Blockchain / DLT technologies such as Ethereum would be a plus – particularly experience in Solidity.
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Personal competencies:Personal impact
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Focused on delivery.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational, written and verbal skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool tennis, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.