Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Sales & Channel team shares Dropbox Business with enterprises around the world and helps them understand the power Dropbox offers to teams at scale. We’re a collaborative and empathetic sales team, focused on understanding what businesses need to work better together.
Role DescriptionAs a Solutions Architect for our Japan enterprise and mid-market sales teams, you’ll play a huge role in helping companies understand the value of Dropbox for Business. It’ll be your mission to demystify technology, optimize the sales process, and bash down any technical barriers that keep our customers from evaluating and adopting Dropbox. You will get to work with innovative companies in Japan.
- Know every detail of Dropbox Business (including our third-party integrations), and understand how enterprise solutions are managed and secured.
- Support the direct/outbound Sales team with technical product knowledge and objection handling in customer meetings, with travel as required.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, and Customer Success Management teams to ensure smooth prospect-to-customer transitions and long-term customer success.
- Work with the Product Management team around product roadmap visibility and presentations and customer feedback/input from the field.
- Help the sales team move toward closing by making customer product trials a positive experience.
- Work with the marketing teams around events, online campaign support and other marketing support activities from a product solutioning perspective.
- Work with our Channel team to help enable the growing set of Channel partners in terms of enablement and also supporting larger deals (with the sales team).
- Help with RFIs and RFPs responses.
- Passionate about contemporary technologies.
- Love being in front of customers and helping them get excited and successful with technology.
- Outstanding communication skills that enable you to converse easily with everyone from end users to C-level executives.
- A deep understanding of computing systems and principles particularly around the delivery of hosted services.
- At least 3+ years of enterprise software or SaaS/PaaS experience in a technical pre-sales or consulting role with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Capable and excited about taking the charge on initiatives, running “projects” and leading colleagues and peers when needed.
- Programming skills for PHP, Python, Perl or Java script is preferable
- A strong desire to learn in a rapidly growing and dynamic startup environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, information systems, or other technical major is preferred.
- Fluency of Japanese (Writing, Reading and Speaking).
- Business level of English (Writing, Reading and Speaking) as you will be working with colleagues globally.
- Travel as required domestically and sometimes internationally.
- Eligibility to work in Tokyo.