Head of Campus Talent Acquisition Asia Pacific
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Other Location: Hong Kong SAR of PRC,Hong Kong,Hong Kong
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19016813
DescriptionCiti, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Citi has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Campus Talent Acquisition, Asia Pacific, which will be based in Singapore or Hong Kong. This strategic role encompasses responsibility for both the sourcing, attraction and recruitment of all campus hires, as well as managing the end-to-end life cycle of the campus programs.
Citi manages 11 Summer and Full Time Analyst and Associate programs across Institutional Client Group (ICG), Global Consumer Banking (GCB), Ops & Technology and Global Functions in Asia Pacific.
In 2018 Citi hired more than 1100 entry-level talents spanning 14 countries across Asia Pacific (from Bangladesh to Australia). The forecast plan for 2019 reflects an ongoing growth trajectory and also includes in its scope EMEA GCB hires (ca 20 hires across UK, Poland, UAE and Russia).
The commercial intent of these programs is to recruit and develop diverse entry-level talents as potential leaders for the bank through structured training, challenging roles and ongoing performance management. The jobholder will be responsible for defining and executing the end-to end campus program construct, including recruiting practices, employer branding strategies as well as program management and ongoing development for Analysts/Associates across the region. The team also looks after Citi’s campus engagement strategy and maintaining university relationships so as to retain and defend Citi’s positioning as a Top Employer of Choice.
- Partner with key business and HR stakeholders to determine overall business needs for entry-level campus talent. Advise, influence, define and execute the strategy to ensure business objectives are met
- Define and execute the Asia Pacific and global campus recruitment and program management strategy
- Define appropriate country recruiting strategies (attraction, sourcing, campaigns, university relations) and timelines to source for diverse entry-level campus talents
- Develop appropriate assessment practices to select the best candidates for the campus programs
- Support Citi in its future compatible focus by driving innovative and creative talent strategies, identifying non-traditional and diverse talent pools
- Create opportunities to integrate emerging technologies in recruitment, eg digital interviews, AI and VR; be willing to pilot future-compatible recruiting tools
- Track and analyze effectiveness of recruiting/marketing/assessment efforts to ensure the best return on investments
- Implement ROI measures demonstrating value of program hires
- Partner with colleagues across Asia Pacific and other regions to share best practices and ensure consistency and efficiency in execution, and that all countries are able to meet their recruiting targets/timelines
- Identify opportunities to further centralise recruitment coordinator support for the country teams
- Collaborate with Talent partners to create early career development strategy from a regional lens to provide a consistent program experience to analysts and associates
- Work in partnership with program sponsor, HR and Talent to implement ROI measures demonstrating value of program hires
- Partner with Regional Campus Recruiting Leads and respective businesses to agree on product specific program management strategy aligned to business priorities
- Partner with Asia Pacific Regional Campus Leads and Country Program Managers for program management and 2-yr learning journey execution
- Collaborate with global team for alignment and to leverage their training and development framework
- Develop and manage relationships with business sponsors to ensure the graduate development is embedded in the overall business agenda and culture
- Develop and manage relationships with business sponsors and steering committees to ensure the campus strategy is embedded in the overall business agenda and culture
- Manage communications and updates to the business sponsors on a regular basis (e.g. hiring, marketing, program construct, program management, etc)
- Build and develop strong partnerships with key HR stakeholder groups, including Regional and Country Heads of HR, HR Advisors, Comp & Benefits, Talent, Diversity & Learning Group and Mobility teams
Citi Internship Program:
- Responsible for overseeing the Internship programs end-to-end, including the recruitment strategy, program marketing, selection and interview process, facilitating placements with the line, on-boarding, induction, performance management etc.
- Provide general career guidance and counseling
- Enhance the program offering to ensure a comprehensive internship experience
- Evaluate existing internship programs and their alignment to business needs
- Ensure adherence to risk and controls and the Campus Internship Policy
Employer Branding Initiatives:
- Guide and lead the team in the development and implementation of Citi’s campus engagement strategy
- Execute the engagement and recruitment activities by liaising with partners including the universities and other industry associations
- Partner with the global TA marketing & branding team, APAC TA marketing & branding team in Manila, Global Public Affairs to deliver best-in-class social media and campus branding initiatives
- Strong leadership management skills, i.e., comfortable with leading teams of remote-located direct reports through significant change
- A strong appetite for ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and deliver to commitments against a defined strategy
- Data driven, analytical with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills with a creative, curious and innovative mindset
- Strategic thinker with the ability and interest to also be hands-on when required
- Proven track record of managing and influencing multiple senior stakeholders across Asia Pacific and global
- Proactive and engaged learner in a fast changing environment
- A track record of project managing and implementing large complex recruitment/talent programs
- At least 10+ years relevant experience
- Degree holder is preferred