Company DescriptionThank you for your interest in Dropbox careers. We are actively hiring for this position and look forward to reviewing your application. Dropbox is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic as the health and safety of our community, employees and candidates remain our number one priority. We appreciate your flexibility as we adapt our hiring processes during this evolving situation.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Role DescriptionDropbox is looking for software engineers to come build the next generation of work collaboration tools. This role is for engineers who are looking to specialize in desktop platform development. The Desktop UI Platform team builds core desktop technologies that have enabled Dropbox to pivot into the foreground space.
The platform we built utilizes web technologies to render rich experience to our users on Mac, Linux, and Windows. As part of the team, you would be central to empowering our product engineers to quickly innovate on desktop. We’re in the midst of evolving the platform to leverage new technologies such as Electron. A primary role for this position will be to execute on and help shape that vision.
Software Engineers are at the heart of everything we do at Dropbox, and in a typical week you’ll be expected to develop new features in a multi-functional team of designers, product managers, project managers, and quality assurance engineers. Software engineers are also responsible for the quality of the code and systems they produce, working hand-in-hand with customer experience and quality assurance Dropboxers to ensure that our product continues to serve the needs of our tens of millions of users.
- You will use technologies like Electron to accelerate desktop development
- You will build a platform that can be used by product engineers so that they can be as productive as possible
- You will write modular, secure, and well-tested code
- You will design and build software capable of reaching millions of daily users in Python, React, and Typescript
- You will ensure that our development environment is best in class by delivering improvements to internal tooling and direct partnership with our product platform teams
- You will work closely with customer support to respond quickly to issues for our users and solve those in a permanent and scalable way
- You will articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working and work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of work related industry experience
- A desire to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together
- Familiarity with C/C++, Objective-C, Typescript, Python, Electron, Node, and/or React is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)