Date Posted: 2019-03-05-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: CAC35: 5FS - Farmington, CT 5 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Power Electronics Internship Summer 2019UTC Climate, Controls & Security is the world's largest provider of building technologies. Its fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable. UTC CCS is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
We are seeking candidates to join our engineering teams at our location in Syracuse, New York. Selected students will get exposure to:
- Hands-on experience in multiple engineering applications to include Compression, Chemical Engineering, Innovation & Research, Materials Science, Mechanical, Electrical, Embedded Software/Firmware Programs, Refrigeration Systems, Heat Transfer, and Acoustics and Indoor Air Quality.
- State-of-the-art labs testing multiple revolutionary projects.
- Ability to work side-by-side with subject-matter experts and be involved on project teams.
- Working for a diversified Fortune 50 corporation.
- Professional training and development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be pursuing a Master's or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering with 0-3 years of similar co-op/intern or work experience. This position will involve engineering application in the following technology competency area: Power Electronics, Motors and embedded computing. Experience with engineering development tools such as Matlab, SPEED, MotorCAD, Spice, Schematic entry and layout tools and Pro-E is desired as well as knowledge of electric power and control circuits and experience using digital volt meters, power analyzers, and oscilloscopes. Must be adept at report writing and presenting technical information. A portion of the candidate`s time will be spent working with and supporting the laboratory staff. Interns will perform qualification testing across a number of new product development projects.
- 3.0 GPA minimum required
- Firm grasp of engineering fundamentals
- Ability to work independently after assigned task
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Previous Engineering internships preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.