Software Engineer - Operation SolutionsPossible locations : Granges-Veveyse (CH) / Austin (US - TX)
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our trusted identity solutions give people secure and convenient access to physical and digital places and connect things that can be accurately identified, verified and tracked digitally. Millions of people around the world use HID products and services to navigate their everyday lives, and over 2 billion things are connected through HID technology. We work with governments, educational institutions, hospitals, financial institutions, industrial businesses and some of the most innovative companies on the planet. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
Are You Ready to Join the Team?Our company is committed to finding the best and the brightest talent to help us reach the top. If you are able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. then you will want to consider this position.
What Will You Be doing?As a member of the Operations Software Engineering team you will architect, design, develop, and deploy industrial solutions used to manufacture RFID products such as physical/virtual credentials, tags, inlays, tokens and readers. You will have the chance to work on all projects covering all systems and solutions used by our manufacturing centers and contract manufacturers around the world.
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work on full life-cycle software development of applications used for production and monitoring activities.
- Work in a collaborative team using Agile methodology.
- Implement/integrate components from low level API driving hardware encoders to backend web-services. (ex. provisioning engines, machine integration, cryptography, embedded/low level API, shop floor management systems etc.).
- Work with pre-sales, product managers, operations and technology teams to pro-actively implement industrial provisioning solutions.
- Keep tight deadlines for software enhancements to match product development schedules.
Education and/or Experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering required
- 2-5 years' experience with software and solution developments, ideally used in industrial applications
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic environment
- Must have a strong passion for software design and development
- Must have working experience with the following:
- Multithreaded architectures and driver level experience
- Microsoft Visual Studio, Mercurial, Jira/Confluence
- Expertise in applied cryptography and key management is greatly appreciated
- Knowledge of RFID industry standards such as ISO7816, ISO14443, ISO15693 is greatly appreciated
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, verbally and in writing.
- Travel and fieldwork including international travel. Therefore, employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.