McDonough, GA, US, 30253
Requisition ID: 92123
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, Oakley and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
To support our global business, Luxottica operates multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities across North America to support our retail stores and wholesale customers.
GENERAL FUNCTION The Manufacturing Engineer provides technical support and leadership related to operational sustainment, industrialization, and continuous improvement. Partners with process engineering, manufacturing, maintenance, sourcing, finance, training, and quality assurance on key iniatives and operational improvement.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical support, direction, and guidance on improvement of existing technology, processes, and equipment reliability to support capacity, capability, and improvements to deliver service and quality results for the North America manufacturing network.
- Assumes responsiblity for the implementation of tools, systems, and technology to maintain and improve existing operations.
- Provides technical support for day to day manufacturing and translates technical knowledge to functional groups and training requirements.
- Leverages lean tools, including value stream mapping, to improve overall manufacturing cycle time and WIP reduction.
- Provides support and leadership for the validation of equipment, consumables and other process parameters or changes leading to operational and quality improvement.
- Provides guidance to support standardization of processes and materials across all manufacturing shifts.
- Partners with quality to develop quality control plans required to sustain operations and deliver product results.
- Develops and directs procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical, industrial, etc.)
- 3+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in lean manufacturing tools and continuous improvement
- Travel – 25%
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain credibility across all levels in the business.
- Experience with project management and expertise in driving results.
- Constraint-based (bottleneck) skills and experience.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US) or email TalentLuxottica@luxotticaretail.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta