Job Type:Risk Operations
Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Merchant RnP Consultant Analyst is responsible for engaging, monitoring and developing PayPal merchants identified by RnP merchant lead analyst to ensure that these sellers have heathy business growth, within-expected dispute, claim and chargeback ratios. The consultant will also play a very important role to share PayPal’s value propositions to the merchants. An ideal candidate would have experience in engaging with merchants, data analytics, and RnP knowledge and experience. This candidate would possess the ability to champion strategies and provide solutions, enforce enhancement plan for merchants to continue to improve their RnP metrics. This ideal candidate would be a hands-on, high-energy individual who thrives in ambiguity, complexity, and enjoys a challenge. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about driving a strategy in a dynamic environment and has proven ability to take ideas to execution, all while managing multiple tasks. This candidate will need to have fluency with the payments industry, trends shaping, card brand rules and regulations, PayPal internal disputes, as well as be able to interact productively with all merchant industries and sizes to drive best-in-class customer experience.
- Manage relationship of existing merchants who are experiencing a high number of chargebacks/internal claims/BED and require assistance with reducing their dispute ratio.
- Develop deep, trusted relationships with merchant stakeholders across all portfolios to ensure best-in-class customer experience.
- Provide business support for merchants through incoming and outgoing phone calls and emails.
- Provide proactive analysis on processing trends, which include, but are not limited to: reversals, chargeback analysis, fraud prevention strategies.
- Analyze large data sets to identify potential improvements to merchants’ business operations to prevent reversals and document clear and concise proposals to discuss with them.
- Communicate, present documented findings to stakeholders, both internal stakeholders and with the merchant directly. Analyst is required to speak articulately with merchant about findings and communicate the complexities of the problem clearly.
- Put together training material related to reversals and effectively deliver training to merchants and external team
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.