Job Type:Risk Analytics
Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Xoom, A PayPal Service, is revolutionizing the global digital money services market by providing people with an easy, convenient and cost-effective means of sending money worldwide. We offer a secure, fast and inexpensive means of sending money, paying bills and topping up prepaid services across multiple digital platforms to both online and offline recipients in over 130 countries and counting. We are seeking a highly motivated, data driven with a positive outlook Risk Analyst, who can support both Risk Operations and Risk Analytics and rock stars in online prevention, money-laundering and terrorist financing in a high energy, fast paced, ever evolving atmosphere with minimal customer friction.
- Analyze data covering a wide range of information from user profile to transaction history. Identify new fraud patterns and deploy solutions to secure revenue and loss targets
- Create real time, automated and effective near real time monitoring reports with emphasis on readability and visualization using tools like Tableau
- Develop and document policies and best practice frameworks setting standards for core business segments and processes.
- Works on assignments that are of intermediate complexity with multiple steps in execution, and guided by generally defined processes and project requirements
- Focuses primarily on completing short-term goals of a project efficiently and effectively
- Partner with Risk Scientist, be able to articulate opportunities and risk mitigation needs and provide exceptional global solutions
- Expert understanding of Story Based approach to problem solving and finding solutions, with an ability to exercise judgment to create process/policy requirements
- Ability to respond to executive and customer escalations with the highest quality standards.
- Advanced familiarization with PayPal’s major products & flows and how their role impacts & influences them
- Expert familiarity with PayPal’s risk flows and actions and how they can be deployed to solve business problems
- Collaborate with other teams for an end-to-end solution and achieve effective business results
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.