San Francisco, CA
Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
Role DescriptionThis is not a typical strategy or finance role. Dropbox Strategic Finance is led by professionals from top-tier investment banking backgrounds, and provides data-driven insights and strategic direction for the company. This project-based role is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career development, shape a high-growth company, and learn from top Silicon Valley professionals. You’ll get substantial senior leadership exposure, focus real-time on the highest-priority business issues and be plugged into every facet of the business.
We’re looking for someone to enhance and accelerate the team’s collection and evaluation of complex data to help drive Dropbox’s long-term growth and profitability. You will bring a strong technical and analytical background to a broader team that works cross-functionally to influence every facet of the business. You can expect to conduct detailed analyses to derive insights that will drive key decisions, help define and track key performance metrics for the company, and act as a strategic partner to our Product and Business leadership teams. You’ll focus real-time on high-priority business issues and see your insights turned into impactful initiatives on a regular basis.
The perfect candidate will have an investment banking background paired with work experience or a degree in a quantitative field. We hope you'll join us!
- Evaluate the financial impact of strategic decisions across the company and turn those insights into actionable results
- Assist with M&A execution, capital planning, product and growth strategy, and investor relations
- Understand and analyze the levers that drive the company’s long-term financial trajectory
- Manage cross-functional projects from inception to completion
- Experience at top-tier investment banking, buyside (PE, VC) or consulting firm
- Strong analytical and technical skills, as evidenced by a degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering) or experience doing data analysis for a technology company
- Able to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Pluses: Experience with SQL
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)