San Francisco, CA
Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
Role DescriptionDropbox Strategic Finance is led by professionals from top-tier investment banking backgrounds, and provides data-driven insights and strategic direction for the company. We’re looking for a data analyst to enhance and accelerate the team’s collection and evaluation of complex data to help drive Dropbox’s long-term growth and profitability.
This project based role is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career development, help shape a high-growth company and learn from top Silicon Valley professionals. As a data analyst, you will bring a strong technical and analytical background to a broader team that works cross-functionally to influence every facet of the business. Data analysts can expect to conduct detailed analyses to derive insights that will drive key decisions, help define and track key performance metrics for the company, and act as a strategic partner to our Product and Business leadership teams. You’ll focus real-time on high-priority business issues and see your insights turned into impactful initiatives on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, experience in data-driven decision making, and familiarity with basic financial concepts. We hope you'll join us!
- Perform data analysis to help drive initiatives critical to business growth
- Explore data to find actionable insights and make product & business recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more
- Understand and analyze the levers that drive the company’s long-term financial trajectory
- Help tell the Dropbox story to investors through defining and tracking key metrics
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Finance or other quantitative fields
- 1+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis, preferably for a technology company
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and providing practical business recommendations
- Fluency in SQL, as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis and common pitfalls of data analysis
- Demonstrated success presenting complex data (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, manage multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Pluses: advanced Excel skills, experience with some financial analysis
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)