A&P Technician (CTH)Apply now »
Date: Dec 6, 2018
Location:Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
A&P Technician (CTH)-FOR00474
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Fort Lauderdale Service Center was established February 1995 and is located in “The Venice of America”; the gateway to South and Central America. Located at Fort-Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, the Fort Lauderdale facility is winner of several FAA Diamond Awards. The 133,552 sq ft facility’s 180+ dedicated employees are equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Argentina, Aruba, Bermuda, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Mexico and Venezuela.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Fort Lauderdale Service Center has an exciting opportunity available for an A&P Technician.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements for factory, shop and or hangar positions
- Comply with Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in 5-S activities.
- Perform all work in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- May assist other maintenance disciplines
- May assist with fuel and/or de-fuel of aircraft
- May assist with engine removal / installation
- May assist with aircraft component repair
QualificationsAs our ideal candidate,
- You have an A&P certificate
- You typically have a minimum of 0-2 years aircraft maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- You have the ability to read and understand electrical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and/or aircraft status
- You have your own basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory and control of tools
- You have the ability to obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment (GSE) qualifications as required
- You are able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You are able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA) for Hollywood International Airport
- You have experience on corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft - preferred
- You have basic PC skills - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Aviation Technicians
Primary Location: US-FL-Fort Lauderdale
Zip Code US 33315
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 06.12.2018, 2:37:30 PM
Nearest Major Market: Fort Lauderdale
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Technician, Genetics, Electrical, Engineer, Finance, Technology, Science, Engineering
Apply now »