UTC Aerospace Systems makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a entry-level Software Engineering professional responsible for software engineering processes and activities. Consolidates test results and conducts single disciplinary research, applying hardware and software standards.
- Conducts engineering processes and standard work, including verification and qualification procedures.
- Compiles and consolidates testing on diagnostic systems containing logical and mathematical solutions.
- Assists in conducting disciplinary research on one or more stages of the equipment design phase to develop design options and recommendations.
- Learns hardware and software standards and ensures work product adheres to these standards and business objectives of the organization are met.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition.
- Ensures hardware and software standards are met.
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
- May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
- May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
- Includes control modeling (model based design).
- Knowledge of the C coding language.
- Experience in embedded software development/verification, preferably using DO178 or similar industry standards.
- Experience with aspects of the software life cycle process including planning, decomposition of system requirements to high level software requirements, low level requirements, architecture, code, verification and certification.
- Familiar with working in lab environments using in circuit emulators / target system debuggers and computer assisted test stands.
- Knowledge of Assembly, JAVA, ADA, Python, XML, Tcl/Tk languages.
- Experience with Model Based Development such as MathWorks is a plus.
- Experience with software architectures and real-time embedded operating systems.
- Low level OS Platform integration, board support package integration (device drivers, I/O).
- Understanding of quality software development processes is required.
- Built in Test (module self-test) and protection development experience is a plus.
- Experience with configuration management and requirements management tools such as IBM Rational Synergy, Change and DOORS, DXL is a plus.
- Understanding of communication protocol’s such as A429, A629, A664, CAN, Ethernet, etc…
- Experience with digital signal processors (DSP) such as Texas Instruments TMS320F2812 and microcontrollers such as the PowerPC line from Freescale is preferred.
- Generator controls experience is a plus.
- General experience with hardware design.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or three years of prior relevant experience required.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.