DescriptionVeolia is the only global company to provide a full range of environmental services in the fields of water solutions, waste management solutions and energy solutions.
In Australia and New Zealand, Veolia works with heavy industry, retail and commercial businesses, governments and communities to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today, with the vision required for tomorrow.
Veolia is now seeking an Operator/Maintainer to join our Gold Coast Desalination Plant Team at Tugun. Reporting to the Supervisor - Operations you will be responsible for the ongoing care and maintenance of the plant and equipment as well as attending to any process, operational, or maintenance issues that may arise.
QualificationsThe ideal candidate with have a strong electrical background and will also be required to participate in general maintenance activities. The successful candidate will also have the following qualifications and experience:
- Electrical Trade Certificate
- QLD High Voltage qualification
- Certificate III or IV in Water Industry Operations (or willingness to obtain)
- HVIA ticket (or willingness to obtain)
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of large and small pumping systems, pipe lines and other mechanical equipment;
- Experience working with instrumentation, electrical, control and SCADA systems;
- Experience working on water treatment operations;
- Elevated Work Platform ticket.
- Ability to work both within a team environment and autonomously;
- Strong focus on safety, quality and efficiency;
This position presents as an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-minded individual with a genuine desire to succeed. In return for your skills, experience and commitment we offer an attractive remuneration package including staff benefits, a great working environment and a chance to gain experience within a global organisation.
Applications must be received via the Veolia Recruitment Portal
NOTE: applications sent directly to HR will not be considered.
Veolia is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity. To view Veolia’s Reconciliation Action Plan please visit: www.veolia.com.au/rap