DescriptionWe’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our OTT Analytics and Insight Team
The perksSky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
You will:In this role, work as part of the OTT Analytics and Insight team, ensuring our OTT monitoring and reporting services are well resilient, supportable and able to service out stakeholders.
- Design, create and deliver infrastructure, code or services to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our internal or customer-facing services
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Contribute to the stability and security of the environment
- Be part of a team that contributes and creates new designs, architectures and standards for large-scale distributed systems
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Define process and best practices for reliable and timely delivery of quality products
- Communicate work status regularly with a clear articulation of design choices along the way
- Attend tracking meetings (with Ops Readiness & Release Management) to feedback and provide visual overview and analysis of common errors messages and KPI trending.
- Experience with Elastic, ECE desirable
- Experience of GCP and BigQuery, Kubrenetes, Docker, Puppet.
- Experience and strong ability with any other mainstream scripting or programming language (PHP, Python, Ruby, GO etc.).
- Demonstrable experience working with Big Data analytics.
- Configuration management (example: Ansible/Puppet/Terraform/Chef)
- CI/CD (Jenkins / Concourse / GoCD / GitLab)
- Networking (entry level Networking: ex. LB, Routing, Switching)
- Virtualisation (VMWare / Openstack / Xen)
- Good knowledge -- what to use and why -- of relevant 3rd party tools and frameworks (e.g. build management and automation using Jenkins, Travis CI, monitoring and logging using ELK, issue tracking using JIRA etc.). This list is not exhaustive. Ability to evaluate “up and coming” frameworks and tools for fit.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about