DescriptionWe’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Software Engineering Team.
The perksSky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Develop applications for the Sky Broadband Internet Service Platform
- Design solutions and engage in proof of concepts and provide clear direction for implementation engineers.
- Participate in designing departmental policies best on industry best practice.
- Represent the team and make decisions based on departmental policies.
- Provide direction and leadership to more junior members of the team.
- Support the ISP manager in delegated activities.
- Develop software to automatically test applications and services
- Write and maintain documentation about the applications and services
- Take industry-standard open source technologies, install and configure them and develop APIs for other applications to access them as a service
- Some professional knowledge of theories, methods and technologies in own function.
- Credible reference point for others. Handles complex problems requiring judgement, taking issues from first principles.
- Experience to apply specialist knowledge across the business.
- Strong knowledge in one of the following languages - Python, Perl, C, Go and the ability to pick up another language as required.
- Experience of developing and maintaining shell scripts.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Experience in troubleshooting applications and systems with good understanding of TCP and UDP
- Experience in application design solutions and breaking down deliverables.
- Experience in working and designing highly available and highly resilient services.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about