DescriptionWe’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Software Developing Team
The perksAs a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:As a Solution Architect, you will have systems architecture responsibility for a number of development projects. Working closely with Business stakeholders at an early proposition stage to shape Technology’s approach to support a product/proposition (both on new products & propositions and extending Sky’s portfolio of products & propositions.
- You will be responsible for business and functional requirements elicitation, data and process analysis.
- Build professional relationships with relevant business and management stakeholders across the wider organisation.
- Evaluate potential solutions with architectural and design teams before estimating and planning the work with the development teams.
- Develop a shared understanding between yourself and the software teams to ensure contextual consistency.
- Act as a facilitator and ensure continual communication between the business and development teams.
- Ability to clearly articulate business value and capture structured requirements using JIRA.
- Take a hands on approach to delivering projects, working collaboratively with other departmental functions to prioritise and plan work, discuss and agree acceptance criteria and support deliveries through to production.
- Liaise with other delivery teams within Sky to ensure key dependencies are identified and managed, solutions agreed and communicated to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ability to anticipate business needs and translare them into technical solutions.
- Ability to conceptualise and design platforms capable of supporting multiple systems or applications.
- The ability to apply modelling techniques as needed to data, logical and physical architectures.
- Strong analysis and problem solving sills.
- Good consultancy and influencing skills, working within strong technical environments.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Adept at translating complex technical concepts into meaningful recommendations.
- Excellent Planning and organisational skills.
- Strong technical background in IP Video Delivery and Advertising - experience working with AdServers and systems that integrate to them such as ad workflow systems as well as working with IAB formats such as VMAP, VAST2 and VPAID
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better