DescriptionWe’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Team.
The perksSky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Be confident to present status and solutions to c-level execs.
- Engage with architects for any new product development and audit the architecture against the resiliency guidelines.
- Engage with development teams and do a thorough forensic analysis of system design and data flows and highlight any resiliency gaps.
- Engage with functional and non-functional test teams and uncover any gaps in the test suites regarding resiliency.
- Engage with devOps teams and analyze the resiliency of the platform, infrastructure, deployments and disaster recovery.
- Liaise with delivery managers, to track progress of the solutions proposed for the gaps you highlighted.
- Build a functional knowledge of all components and their interfaces within the Sky platform.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple high priority efforts/ competing priorities and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- Experience as a devops engineer with development skills.
- A background of working with highly technical teams and diverse technologies.
- Ability to document technical problems and solutions accurately.
- Hands on experience with some of the following: Splunk, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Git, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, AppDynamics, Openstack, AWS, GCP, Java, DNS, Firewalls, Networks etc.
- Hands on experience of working with UNIX environments and virtualization tools.
- Performance testing skills using tools like Loadrunner, Soasta, Gatling, JMeter, Ruby JMeter etc.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about