Electrolux Food Preservation Global R&D presents
Cooling System - Mechanical DesignerEnter the world of an international organization and discover our Global R&D team.
Take a technical ownership of Cooling System parts from design, process and technology perspective.
Take a global overview and challenge us for the better living of millions of people worldwide.
REGULAR DAY AT WORKIn this position you will be responsible for the efficiency of the cooling system circuit, reduction of costs of the cooling system and precision in the qualification of new suppliers and materials (evaluation of both process-ability and performance of new proposed solutions). Your duties will include the following:
- Definition of cooling system components
- Preparation of components prototypes for product testing
- Preparation of documentation in compliance with the product specification
- Available for business trips to Thailand, Latin America and through Europe
- Support the technology domain leader in planning activity with suppliers of cooling system parts
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering in the validation and implementation of new technologies for cooling system
- Monitor the technical evolution of the cooling system for refrigerators and freezers application
- Support the Global Purchasing in measuring supplier capability with an aim at identifying opportunities for technical developments
- Contribute to solving quality issues in the plants on request by the Quality Assurance
- Collaborate with product Architectures to optimise the design of new models for better performance and processing
- Monitor the evolution of new manufacturing technologies and metal surface treatments with manufacturers of machines and equipment
- Define and carry-out projects on specific topics defined by the Global Technology leadership
- Attend conferences and visit exhibitions
- Teamworker. You contribute actively to team activities by sharing experience and ideas
- Good communicator. You build productive relationships within and outside of own team.
- Precise. You have an eye for detail and are always precise.
- Constantly learning. You broaden competence in your own area by improving your skills.
- Autonomous. You perform well with moderate guidance and direction in own area of knowledge
- Structured. You are able to prioritize and organize your own work to deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Results oriented. You identify and solve problems by generating possible solutions
- Analytical. You display an analytical approach in standard procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum educational level: bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering. We are open to graduates preferably with some internship experience.
- Good knowledge of Catia software for drawing (or similar software)
- Knowledge of main thermodynamic cycles
- Knowledge of basic operations of metalworking
- Good English language; Italian language is a plus