Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionNew graduates and interns at Dropbox work alongside industry leaders, architecting the growing family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people and businesses around the world. From day one, you’ll have the responsibility and the support you need to make a difference on a massive scale.
New graduates and interns at Dropbox work alongside industry leaders, architecting the growing family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people and businesses around the world. From day one, you’ll have the responsibility and the support you need to make a difference on a massive scale.
The Dropbox internship program is a top-notch learning experience for engineering students from all backgrounds. You will be paired up with dedicated mentors committed to guiding you to success and providing consistent, conducive feedback. Interns have ownership over their project and are encouraged to collaborate with full-time engineers to complete them successfully. Our goal is to provide the best learning experience possible while offering a huge variety of social events that help to connect friendships, mentors and networks for life!
Creating elegant products begins with prototyping and iteration to explore the problem space. We care deeply about collaboration and feedback during the iterative development process. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship a reliable product that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release reaches hundreds of millions of people, and the user-to-engineer and petabyte-to-engineer ratio are very high here.
As an intern, you will go toe-to-toe with Dropbox engineers. We offer many different types of roles and teams that you can have an impact on. Open positions are based on team and business need. Here are some of the things you might do:
- Build delightful full-stack user experiences that solve real customer needs - across backend, API, desktop, mobile and web.
- Craft the building blocks that let us scale Dropbox to handle millions of concurrent connections, hundreds of billions of files and hundreds of petabytes of data.
- Build tools that give admins more control and visibility into their team’s Dropbox usage. This will allow admins to securely roll Dropbox to their users and should ultimately allow more businesses to expertly adopt and deploy Dropbox Business.
- Build the identity and team model for Dropbox products that are targeted for business. The team is creating new platform services and implementing features end to end.
- Computer Science (or similar) students that are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D
- If you have experience writing or shipping software as part of internships, personal projects, coding competitions or research and the work we do at Dropbox resonates with you, we would love to learn more about you
- English fluency or proficiency
Below please include a personal email address rather than a school email address so that Dropbox may communicate effectively with you. Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).