CoE Operability – Design for Manufacturing EngineerApply now »
Location:Derby, ENG, GB
CoE Operability – Design for Manufacturing Engineer-TPRS-UKDY01833817
DescriptionCoE Operability – Design for Manufacturing Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a CoE Operability – Design for Manufacturing Engineer in Derby, United Kingdom and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role.
The CoE Operability – Design for Manufacturing Engineer is the first point of contact for critical specialist resources and is accountable for the CoE technical domain and the lead of the CoE global expert network, the assurance of capacity and capability within the CoE and the successful and efficient execution of the work in all projects across all product families and sites in the technical domain.
- Ensure global capacity of specialist resources (on cycle/off cycle) meets current and future demands (aligned with Product Engine and Family Requirements);
- Regularly assess capabilities, develops capability improvement plan and set the competency and skill level for engineering specialist skills;
- Develop sustainable capability in specialist excellence, providing mentorship and training for global resources;
- Recommend and lead the training action plans and programs;
- Attends Design Gate Review and ensure proper application of standards and best practices;
- Experts assigned for technical peer and risk reviews;
- Define and drive implementation of harmonized processes, tools and templates and ensure their maintenance;
- Define and maintain standard tool landscape, processes, documentation (Concepts, Verification & Validation Plan, Test Specification etc.);
- Implement and maintain design guidelines and checklists;
- Provide training to efficiently support implementation of harmonized tools and processes;
- Drive implementation of proven and innovative solutions in line with the Product Management roadmap;
- Establish and maintain performance roadmaps incl. legislation and innovations serving the product roadmaps;
- Propose strategic development needs and required R&T activities, in agreement with the Product Engine, to secure innovative and competitive products.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification;
- Minimum of 10 years engineering experts experience in the specific technical domain;
- Technical domain experience essential, Systems Integration experience required, System Architectural understanding required;
- Very good understanding of engineering processes and tools and understand interface and impact with other technical domains;
- Experience on mechanical/electrical design areas;
- Excellent leadership skills, visionary thinking and able to implement strategy initiatives in his/her domain of expertise;
- Have a clear understanding of the manufacturing processes and requirements that impact on the operability, infrastructure and environmental compliance at Product Family and Project levels;
- English fluent (other languages are an advantage).
Why Work for Us?
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Posting date: 10.04. 2019
Closing date: 10.05.2019
Competitive salary range
Number working hours: 37
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular
Job Segment: Genetics, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Science, Manufacturing, Engineering
Apply now »