CoE Operability – Design for Manufacturing EngineerApply now »
Location:Derby, ENG, GB
CoE Operability – Design for Manufacturing Engineer-TPRS-UKDY01833817
DescriptionWe go the extra mile to make sure we can move millions of people safely and reliably, everywhere around the world, every single day.
Bombardier’s Product Engine Rolling Stock (PRS) Group brings together the Product Development teams of all rolling stock products (Mainline, Metro, Light Rail Vehicles, Locomotives, Automated People Movers and Monorail systems) and Engineering.
Located where most of the key product competencies and capabilities are centred, and to core markets to understand demands, we have developed true engineering and manufacturing state of the art facilities in countries like the UK, France, Germany, India and Canada.
We are looking to recruit a (DfM) Design for Manufacturing Engineer for our Vehicle Operability Center of Expertise team located in Derby, UK
You will be a part of our Global Center of Expertise for Vehicle Operability and reporting to the Head of Design for Manufacture & Assembly (DfM&A).
You will be bringing together Engineering and Manufacturing to create and deliver centralized and standardised processes and tools that will ensure both successful and efficient execution and Total Cost of Ownership, for all our rolling stock projects across all product families and manufacturing sites globally.
- Ensure development and training of the standardized ‘Assembly’ processes including routine testing, LSA, Inspection and QA, takt rates, industrial set-up, capacity and capabilities
- Drive both on-cycle and off-cycle DfM initiatives for optimization, harmonization and continuous improvement
- Define and maintain standard tool landscape, processes and documentation to meet DfM&A
- Build strong relationships with key people from both Engineering and Manufacturing
- Develop and apply governance and support Design and Gate Reviews
- Engineering Bachelor’s/Masters Degree Qualified
- Very good understanding of engineering processes and tools
- Experience on mechanical/electrical design areas
- Detailed understanding of the Engineering Product Development process and the associated Manufacturing and Assembly processes that have clear alignment to design and Verification &Validation requirements
- Detailed understanding of the various manufacturing processes and requirements that impact on the operability, infrastructure and environmental compliance at product and project level
- Able to define requirements to enforce quality and safety objectives
- Support and drive standardisation of DfM requirements.
- Knowledgeable in Total Cost of Ownership requirements and metrics
- Comfortable working in a global environment
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology, offering the broadest portfolio in the industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling, and provide complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver we continuously break new ground in sustainable mobility, and our integrated solutions create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. And, headquartered in Berlin, Germany, we employ around 39,850 people, with products and services operating in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular
Job Segment: Genetics, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Product Development, Science, Manufacturing, Engineering, Research
Apply now »